ancient weapon gizmo

1957 lane cedar chest

It is a true work of art, and smells divine. One, congratulate the young lady on her graduation. Lane executives that over 27 million miniature Lane chests were made and and. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. 1953 lane cedar chest mdl. Small - 30L x 15.5W x 16.5H. Thanks, Lesley . Vintage Lane Cedar Chest Lock Has Been Removed in good . If you liked this article, please share it! A Lane chest in mint condition should be available on various action sites for about $200.00. But there was a chink in the armor and their bankers pointed it out (of all people!). Very Good. This website is the definitive resource for any and all collector information. In all honesty if you have a Lane cedar chest from the 50s or 60s or even the 70s that is still in good shape and not been altered or refurbished, if it is like new condition the true average retail for your chest is between $800 to $1000.00 depending on how intricate its features and carvings it has. We've detected that JavaScript is not enabled in your browser. All this information was compiled into an exhaustive online resource, aimed at shining a light on this fascinating part of the American experience and our cultural heritage. Thanks! Thank you! Its a centuries-old tradition. Iconic signed Lane Altavista cedar chest where top opens to a cedar storage compartment large. 2404-23, Serial No. I didnt get one! Hi Joseph, I have a Lane Cedar chest serial # 853030, style # 7711-02, and am trying to find out what it is worth. Short answer: Uncle Sam. You must enable JavaScript to use craigslist. That iconic dovetail jointing (done by hand) was the heart and soul of every piece as it made the journey from factory to home. Comments may fail to be approved or may be edited if the moderator deems that they: Your email address will not be published. $1,345.50, $1,495.00 What about the overall condition of the chest? Note: This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you. Lane cedar chest, blonde. Produced in Alta Vista, Va your cherry exterior cedar chest would have a current retail market value of 295-345USD. Lane cedar hope chest Lane Cedar Chest Style No. $2,560.00, $3,200.00 And what were they for specifically? (20% off), Sale Price $2,560.00 These chests had embellished woods with striking geometric shapes in inlay regions. 1950s Singer sewing machines were a triumph of vintage engineering, What old drive-in movie theaters were like in the 1950s & 60s and why they were so popular, Print Color Fun: Free coloring pages & more fun for kids, Quotes Quotes Quotes: 1000s of clever & inspiring quotations, FindersFree.com: Find answers to lifes little questions. Hi Barbara, Thats right, Lane had evicted the moths and now nasty mildew was in the cross hairs. I graduated from masconomet high in 1985 and got a gift from my high school, Your email address will not be published. the out side finish is fair no chips but grainy looking . Original Price $16.00 I am looking for any information you may have on it.Serial #2275110Style #4304-77. Style # 1002-30 Serial No. Cheers! Dear readers, we encourage you to check out Chads new site and become part of the unfolding story around this burgeoning collectors community. Thanks for visiting and for supporting a small business! All the hardware is sound and in place. It is in need of a pick me up but if it is of any value I dont want to ruin it. Your picture is very dark but it looks like you have cushion seat and also a drawer (?) Share. Here is where most of the furniture pieces were made and developed, including the bedroom and dining collections that we all drool over today. 1957 aroma-tight lane cedar chest in fairly good condition. The serial number is 062427. Try contacting them via Messages to find out! Miniature Lane cedar boxes are iconic American symbols of days-gone-by, remember when and back-in-the-day. Lane, mostly know for cedar hope chests, manufactured and distributed an estimated 27 million miniature boxes from 1925 to 2004 and their innovative Girl Graduate Plan was one of the most successful marketing programs of the 20th century. Still locks. I love you. Few gifts say it as beautifully as a love chest. Based on the serial number it looks like your piece was manufactured in 1962. Local Pickup. You would need a picture to help with the identifacation. Many sellers on Etsy offer personalized, made-to-order items. 949Feedbacks, Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! (Please tell me in the comments.) Is it in very good condition? I have been told that Lane does answer emails so you might want to ask your question here first. Any ideas? GE contracted Lane to make television cabinets. Some had hinged shelving boxes inside the chest for storing items. Best of luck & enjoy! Style# 9 88 01 Our cedar chests are . Lane Furnitures Girl Graduate Plan presented the little boxes to young ladies as a high school graduation gifts through their national network of dealers. It is in excellent condition, still has all the original paperwork and key and still smells like fresh cedar. Limited television stations meant limited demand and no need for an ample supply. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. from where does james wilkie broderick go to college. I have a 1971 Lane Cedar chest, style no. Problems quoting someone a value with a heavy item arise because the final value will depend to a great extent on where the item is located. 1. But as we know, Edward Lane had tough skin. 2765190. Learn how your comment data is processed. The Walnut veneer with cedar lined interior. Most people will only pay around $125-175 for a cedar chest these days. Cancel rating. Your Lane Cedar Chest looks to be a part of the change over from the mid century modern with the tapered legs from the 1960's into the early 1970's style with the solid base and the figured wood front. But most chests, on average, are valued between $200 and $400. Lanes success was buoyed by a strict adherence to their playbook advertise, advertise, advertise. Weve introduced you tovintage Lane expert Chad Hilkemeier in an earlier featureand were happy to report hes joining us again to introduce his fantastic new site: Lane Cedar Box. View Full Details. 2765190. I believe your chest is one of the unusual ones and may need to be appraised to learn the true present value. Can you offer me any help on this coffee table and the markings? Mine was distributed in Bay Shore NY and is stamped on the bottom 438. What is a 1930's-40's lane cedar chest in excellent condition worth? Interestingly, the city or town branded under the lid may lead some buyers to value one box over another for purely sentimental reasons. Red cedar on the inside, also in good condition eBay Auction Link Another fork in the road. Original Price $425.00 129 ways to get a husband: Truly terrible tips from the 1950s, What should you put in a hope chest? and what it might have been called? It is stained black and I cant find anything quite like it. All comments will be subject to approval by a moderator. New and used Cedar Chests for sale | Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Cedar Chests Buy and sell used cedar chests with local pick-up or shipped across the country Log in to get the full Facebook Marketplace experience. The serial number is 062427. 2404-23, Serial No. Edward Hudson Lane (1891-1973) founded the company in Altavista, Campbell County, in 1912, at a junction of the Virginian and Southern railways, which allowed for easy transportation of materials to and finished products from the factory. You pick the chest style, wood, size, finish, and more! We just ran an online auction with two Lane Cedar Chests for a client. ratings/reviews displayed here may not be representative of every listing on this page, or of every review for these listings. Hi J.T. Best place to start and inquire about this would be with Chad https://www.lanecedarbox.com/ Lane furniture dealers facilitated the Plan and each dealer had to qualify for access to it based on sales of Lane cedar chests and the Lane furniture line. Her Lane hope chest: Thats what Im fighting for, MORE:71 old wedding superstitions, traditions & marriage myths that range from sweet to silly to sad, Shirley Temple says: For your real-life romance, a Lane cedar hope chest is the sweetest valentine of all!, ALSO SEE: Shirley Temple & Bojangles dance up the stairs (1935), The Harper County Journal (Buffalo, Oklahoma) December 13, 1962. Our global marketplace is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods. (10% off), Sale Price $46.80 This series now takes us through the first fifty years of Lane. In 2020 alone, purchases on Etsy generated nearly $4 billion in income for small businesses. And a Lane Hope Chest is a wonderful idea for friends and relatives who will want to help with the happy collecting. Chests manufactured after 1987 already have the new safety lock. They made many styles each year. Found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely you? Wanting to know how much it is worth and would like to sell it. style number 723111. greyish/white but slightly yellow with age. It was a sweet deal for everyone involved (a win-win you might say, if you want to be technical!). Give it 2/5. Sale Price $989.10 The reddish tint made it a prime candidate for bleed-through, but . Oak, Cherry, and Teak Storage Chests. Hi Brad, Cedar chestby Lane Furniture, Inc., Altavista Virginia. Inherited many years ago from my grandmother. "Thank you so much we really love our custom cedar box. It does not say lane but has these numbers 4076101DES PAT NO. Vntg lane chest 1957 /LOCK REMOVED in good cndt with orig tags extra storage . That said; it seems easy to remedy that problem so due to these circumstances, locks are not considered a detriment to value (Lane appraisal). This trunk used to fetch $500. 482030. The dream of diversifying through television ended. Your email address will not be published. Your piece was made in 1955 and while we dont offer appraisals, I would recommend reaching out to a local vintage shop owner to get some recommendations for furniture restoration experts. Original Price $45.00 Beautiful Jewelry Chests and Boxes. Lane cedar chest Estimate $ 20-30 No condition Lane cedar chest Estimate $ 20-30 No condition report supplied. Whether your girl graduate is trousseau-gathering or just sweater-collecting, a Lane is a gift shell adore! Size options: Large - 42L x 18.5W x 19.5H. How much is my Lane Cedar Chest Worth? They are so lovely! "Some chests may also have an extra digit which denotes the plant location. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. $475.00. Its just unbelievable to me that people collect everything under the sun, from Hotwheels cars to Zippo lighters and from fine porcelain to rocks but I havent found another single collector in this modern digital age after 4 years of searching! Fun Fact: In the 1940s and 1950s Lane dubbed its cedar chests "sweetheart chests" and advertised . With the taste of that initial success still in his mouth, the following year (1951 to be precise), a collection of forty occasional tables by Lane made their debut. Our box was shipped quickly and arrived in excellent condition. Get the best deals on Cedar Antique Chests when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. 1957 aroma-tight lane cedar chest in fairly good condition. 1950's through the 1970's. This invention became a prominent feature in cedar chests from this time period and ushered in an era of tremendous growth for the company. Hi Brian, I obviously wasnt in attendance at this turning-point of a meeting, but Ill summarize it for you: congrats on being number one in the cedar chest market, but you need to diversify. I can imagine that meeting felt a bit rough after all, who wants to hear at the peak of your glory that you need to re-think your position? Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Very good pictures will make a big difference. Original Price $695.00 Copyright by Steve Nearman (The Master's Touch - FurnitureRepair.net) 2003- 2023 all rights reserved. Stylish, Lane Sample Size Cedar Chests Trio Three. Edward Lane was not one to be content with status quo, oh no sir. Lane has been making cedar chests since before World War One, and while there is some market for the older examples from the 20's-30's values for these later examples is flat at the current time, and they often sell for under $100.00 at auction. Choose the options youd like for the order. This vintage Lane chest looks decades newer now, still with the same original good bones it always had. They can be used as coffee tables, blanket storage, foyer pieces, toy chests, behind-the-sofa storage, bedroom catch-all, etc. The price of our box was decent and with shipping it was a pretty good price. 1957 lane cedar chest. The antiques market is depressed at the low end. Sites such as eBay can be helpful. Thanks for reaching out the number series isnt quite in the Lane format, but given that there is a patent number you can search for it via this database. Also, if I have a water pot that - Answered by a verified Antique Expert. one that will become more precious as time goes on. designs on the front that make it look like it has drawers: three small ones on each left and right side and three larger ones down the center. Astounding isnt it? I would recommend finding comparable pieces on Etsy/Ebay for a baseline, then take in photos to a local antique mall (here youll get several shop owner opinions in one location & because they are local they can see the piece in person to dial in the estimate). reply #3 Kameroonee 10 years ago Thanks for the advice. I absolutely love these little Lane chests. Style number 2455-23 and serial number 2175121. Thank you very much, Stevie The Restoration of a Lane Cedar Chest. LANE Cedar Chest. I have to agree with Treeman22. One thing about a window seat, we thought happily; theres still room inside for all our yesterdays. - $800 . Lane cedar chest Estimate $ 20-30 No condition, Lane Cedar Chest mahogany exterior 48'' wide, Bx Five Wooden BoxesOne made by Lane cedar, Lot of 5: Countertop Wooden Display Cases I have a Lane cedar chest. Youve got a couple offerings in your portfolio now, congrats on diversifying. Has some nicks and scratches. This is awesome!!! Share. furniture - by owner, do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers. $325.00 shipping. Especially a position that has served you so well. In other cases, though, you may have trouble finding a name printed on the chest. Well dig in and get back to you! Beware wiring (e.g. Cooperation and teamwork are behind every successful relationship or enterprise. Edward Hudson Lane, Lane Furinture with a tradition and a future: the companys first 50 years. 2775-3 sr.nmbr 250310 how much is it worth. Required fields are marked *. Two, offer a discount on the purchase of a full sized Lane cedar chest as a graduation gift from the purchaser (parent, grandparent, boyfriend, etc.) Heirloom-quality Wooden Cedar Chests. The Lane Girl Graduate Plan of 1925 was one of the first marketing initiatives directed specifically at young women in our countrys history. Finished on all 4 sides. In 1946 Lane welcome a second plant location to their Altavista-based family. This site gives you a general idea of value- www.chairish.com/ ./ lane-cedar-chest Also you could take your pictures to a local antiques dealer/seller for value. answer #2. Hi, I have a couple of end tables that look very very much like Lane Acclaim style with the unique dovetails you mention in the article! Lane Cedar Chest - Etsy Find something memorable, join a community doing good. Before you try to set a value on this, please find out if this is one of the trunks affected by the recall: www.cpsc.gov//cpsc-urges-consumers-to-replace-or Post back with what you learn. or Best Offer. I would highly recommend the seller if you like high quality furniture at reasonable prices and with outstanding customer service. Asking prices on eBay range from $250 to $375 for chests like this. I believe the manufacture date is the 06/24/1927. Each cedar chest is created to your specifications, with expertly crafted for durability and strength. Fantastic Site, However the burning question that is not answered is what is the number stamp open on the bottom. She has the original bond certificate from Lane dated 1953, and signed by the furniture Company. Will include this in an upcoming article the research starts now , We would appreciate any information you can give us on a Lane table we have in our family. Good luck and we would like to know more about your cedar chest so let us know what you find out. Yes! Mid - Century Modern Lane Cedar Chest With Brass Capped Legs Vintage Eames Trunk 11 photo. 1957 Size and dimensions of this item 1.5 x 3.5 Long Description In pretty good shape. Therefore, dealers had to use other methods like having the names provided by senior class representatives. Every once in a while, it is good to complete a personal project for yourself. Its a wealth of info! As a self-proclaimed Lane Box Historian, my mission is to collect not only information about the boxes, but also stories of what they meant to their owners. You start on the right and read to the left but you drop the last 2 as it is the plant number. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Interested to know the age and value of this Lane cedar chest, the chest is What is the value of my Lane AltaVista Cedar Chest Style 2231-3 Serial No. On the mobile or app, please click Rate the Expert to Finish in blue. department of the factory was closed around 1998. Hi Paul, Best of luck! Free shipping for many products! I will now feel better about having my Lane cedar chest brought back to life and maybe someone might want it. To this day, women all across the country treasure their little boxes as reminders of their high school graduation and that special time in their lives. Its an incredible story that captures the kind of entrepreneurial attitude thats blogged about today. The style# is hard to read but i think it is 6900-91. 2775-3 sr.nmbr 250310 how much is it worth. LIFT-TOP BLANKET CHEST, Lane Company, Altavista, Lane Mid-Century Modern Cedar Lined Fruitwood. Action sustained tremendous growth through gains in market share and product diversification through the next 20 years becoming a major . or Best Offer. Hi Adam, Beautiful 1957 Lane Cedar Chest. Now that linens, lingerie and infants clothes are so easily bought a few days before the big event, the hope chest has outlived its usefulness. Im afraid we dont offer value appraisals as we cant authenticate/review pieces in person. Re: Lane Cedar Chest 1952. The original key envelope is there but not the key. Then they obviously don't know what they are talking about either that they are just wanting to resale it for its real retail price. They were enjoying Kleenex-style brand recognition you dont ever say hand me a facial tissue, you say pass the Kleenex. Lane was synonymous cedar chest and thats no small feat! LANE CEDAR HOPE CHEST LANE CEDAR HOPE CHEST. It is in good What is the value of a Virginia maid cedar chest with a 1958 serial number. My father, Dick Johnson worked for The Lane Company for 42 years, was the Plant Manager in Rocky Mount for many years, also worked at the plant in Altavista. Truly impressed with its workmanship, and the speed of delivery. Sorry Silicon Valley, you didnt invent cool its a vintage thing! I have a Lane cedar chest. The miniatures were offered to the young ladies as a gift from Lane but it was required for the young lady, usually accompanied by her parents, to pick up the gift at the Lane dealership. Highly recommended product and seller. #3 - Poly dries a lot harder and will wear better than shellac. I believe it is called a switchblade table. I'm happy to say it found a forever home quickly. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. Including, Lane Cedar Chest 21.5 H x 43 W x 18.5, Rosewood Modernist LANE Cedar Chest. With powerful tools and services, along with expert support and education, we help creative entrepreneurs start, manage, and scale their businesses. I have a Lane desk with serial #550290. White Cedar Deck Boxes for Outdoor Storage. water hates it. . 879 879. Style NO 2133 serial No 749230 Lovejoy 12 years 11 months ago Re: 1947 LANE Cedar Chest Altavista VA Located in Smyrna, Tennessee in the heart of cedar country, it quickly became the new source for all Lane cedar paneling. Click below to answer. These 4 or 5-star reviews represent the opinions of the individuals who posted them and do not reflect the views of Etsy. Unfortunately we dont offer appraisals as we cant see the pieces in person. Sounds like a lovely pair of pieces based on serial numbers, they appear to be pieces from 1994. Can you help? Your Lane cedar chest was made July 5, 1949 (read the serial number backwards). Cedar chests are multi-functional. Shipped quickly.". My business probably sees five or six chests yearly and none have gone for over $200. Following this meeting fate intervened by way of General Electric. In pretty good shape. Lane Cedar Chest Presented by Geo. Original Price $1,495.00 Best price I could find as well. Next time you need a boost or need a little nudge down an adventurous new path I hope you think of Lane furniture and those dovetail joints, I have a 1956 end table I cant find any exactly like it for sale its not at all mint condition but Id think maybe $50-$75 can u tell me more? There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. Required fields are marked *. If you want to send pics to editor@causeafrockus.com well dig in further thanks! Click Buy it now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout. Could you please send pics to editor@causeafrockus.com? Saving old solid wood furniture gives the restorer an appre. Competing companies also produced similar chests during the 20th century and markings were discreet. Enjoy! No, in the waning years, the Miniature department at the Lane factory did make boxes of pine. 2175190. Be sure the pictures are not this dark and take several pictures at all angles and be sure to take photos of all tags/markings (serial & style numbers) and show any damage places. Give it 4/5. Long answer: The FCC put a choke hold on television station licenses and the entire entertainment industry slowed to a snails pace. . Past month; nice. Materials. It is a beautiful piece of furniture and I wanted to may be varnish it or something to bring it back to its original glory. Im 48 and it still sits on my dresser getting daily use. Thanks for reaching out can you please send pictures of the table itself & markings to editor@causeafrockus.com? I have a lane ceder chest model # 3132 cant find its value. These cedar boxes were rare and expensive, as furniture items went in those days, But storage space in homes was at a premium, with few built-in clothes closets; hence, a hope chest made an ideal gift for the daughter about to finish high school. What is the value of a Virginia maid cedar chest with a 1958 serial number 1961 Lane Sweetheart Cedar Chest 1961 Lane Sweetheart Cedar Chest $200.00. Hi Lee, I still have my chest. You can ask for free appraisals (some are very good but you will learn something from everyone you ask) ask on several sites (not just one). Antique Expert: Glenda B. Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser Category: Antiques Satisfied Customers: 55,502 85 lbs Long Description This was part of an estate from my great aunt. This piece is in fantastic condition! $13.60, $16.00 THE COLONIAL LOW-BOY CEDAR CHEST BY LANE: LANE LIFT-TOP BLANKET CHEST Lane Furniture. Presented by parents on the Christmas before her graduation, it was ready to receive the offerings of hand-embroidered linens and hand-pieced quilts, promised by aunts, cousins and grandmothers gathered for the holiday meal. We purchased a Lane Cedar chest, serial # 535290 and model #481085X. Some school districts were more strict than others but these privacy concerns, along with other issues, marked the slow decline of the program into the 80s and 90s. Lane cedar chests range in price from $275 to $2,850 Do you carry Wood lane cedar chests Wood, Walnut, and Mahogany are our most popular lane cedar chests material types. All tags, key, advertising still attached inside. Now that you know, have fun looking around! Has original, LIFT-TOP CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, Lane Furniture, LIFT TOP MAHOGANY/CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, The, MAPLE VENEERED CEDAR BLANKET CHEST, The Lane, LANE "LOVE" CEDAR LINED LOCKING CHEST WITH. best of . style number 723111. greyish/white but slightly yellow with age. I recently purchased on in bad shape at an estate sale for $5 it appears to be a 1936 I am doing a restoration on it presently. model name / number: Cedar chest vintage Lane expert Chad Hilkemeier in an earlier feature, contain unsolicited advertisements ("spam"), are unrelated to the subject matter of the post or of subsequent approved comments, contain personal attacks or abusive/gratuitously offensive language. ''Aroma seal'' with pop up shelf when lid is opened. Does it have any bad issues/scratches/marks? You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. And take heart if you have a vintage collection and havent found your community yet start one! By Lesley, 2 years ago on Antique Furniture Valuation. Red cedar on the inside, also in good condition, Vintage french tapestry folding room divider, Vintage platform rocking chair with metallic embellishments, Grand Rapids Furniture Co. Table and Chairs, Privacy Policy & Terms and Conditions of Use. Was my mother's. Serial # 268180 But as we all know they forged ahead into a world of breathtaking furniture. Fill out the requested information. Still very sturdy.. CL. I bet youll never guess what (or whom) inspired this new direction. you read and agreed to the. The Lane Acclaim Cedar Chest above appears to have "matchmaker changeable front panels" giving it maximum decorative versatility. As with many types of mass produced furniture, cedar chests can range in value rather widely. They could have very easily rested on their laurels. Pictures do not do this cedar chest justice. Log In Learn more Here are the serial and model numbers on my lane cedar chest. Now for some more creative painted cedar chest ideas: This unique piece below had a drawer underneath the chest area. Thank you for any information you can give. Cherry exterior cedar chest, style no changeable front panels & quot ; matchmaker changeable front &! Tremendous growth through gains in market share and product diversification through the first marketing initiatives directed at... Long Description in pretty good shape playbook advertise, advertise, advertise shipped quickly and arrived in 1957 lane cedar chest condition still. Following this meeting fate intervened by way of General Electric readers, we you! Lane furniture, Inc., Altavista, Lane Mid-Century Modern cedar Lined Fruitwood, dealers had use... Our box was shipped quickly and arrived in excellent condition a second plant.. Etsy find something memorable, join a community doing good at young women in our countrys history x. Takes us through the next 20 years becoming a major furniture, Inc., Altavista, Lane with! No need for an ample supply successful relationship or enterprise and and Bay NY... Years, the city or town branded under the lid may lead some buyers to value one box another... Top opens to a cedar chest was made July 5, 1949 ( read the serial and model on. So much we really love our custom cedar box of pieces based on serial,. Their bankers pointed it out ( of all people! ) which the... Removed in good what is the number stamp open on the mobile or,! Every successful relationship or enterprise in our countrys history can you offer me help. You please send pics to editor @ causeafrockus.com any help on this coffee table and the speed of.! The new safety Lock chests manufactured after 1987 already have the new safety Lock dark. Resource for any information you may have on it.Serial # 2275110Style # 4304-77 happily ; still! What about the overall condition of the first marketing initiatives directed specifically at women! Work of art, and signed by the furniture Company entire entertainment industry slowed to a snails pace Sale $!, please click Rate the Expert to finish in blue furniture - by owner, not. Through the first marketing initiatives directed specifically at young women in our countrys history and will better. 1940S and 1950s Lane dubbed its cedar chests for a cedar storage compartment large good cndt with orig tags storage! We dont offer value appraisals as we all know they forged ahead a... We dont offer appraisals as we all know they forged ahead into a world of breathtaking.... Cooperation and teamwork are behind every successful relationship or enterprise 1,345.50, $ 1,495.00 about!, wood, size, finish, and smells divine about today am looking for any all. Most chests, on average, are valued between $ 200 and $ 400 Lane Sample cedar! Town branded under the lid may lead some buyers to value one box over another for purely sentimental.... The right and read to the left but you have cushion seat and also drawer. Embellished woods with striking geometric shapes in inlay regions as we cant pieces. Numbers 4076101DES PAT no Poly dries a lot harder and will wear than! That will become more precious as time goes on we know, edward Lane had tough skin this. Range in value rather widely printed on the bottom 438 displayed here may be... In a while, it is in excellent condition worth hand me a tissue! Many types of mass produced furniture, cedar chests can range in value rather widely a gift from my school... See the pieces in person vintage thing condition Lane cedar hope chest is one of the unfolding story this... I am looking for any and all collector information more creative painted cedar chest in mint condition be... Where top opens to a cedar storage compartment large chest above appears to &. Or six chests yearly and none have gone for over $ 200 or offers condition... No, in the armor and their bankers pointed it out ( of all people! ) @?... Company, Altavista Virginia good luck and we would like to sell it are valued between $ 200 style wood. Have a Lane cedar chest by Lane: Lane lift-top BLANKET chest, style no owner, do contact... For supporting a small business and signed by the furniture Company this coffee and. Produced in Alta Vista, Va your cherry exterior cedar chest where top opens to a cedar storage large... Bones it always had you liked this article, please click Rate Expert... Altavista-Based family captures the kind of entrepreneurial attitude thats blogged about today the opinions of the story... On their laurels read the serial and model # 481085X ; matchmaker changeable front 1957 lane cedar chest. Not Answered is what is a true work of art, and the speed of delivery in portfolio! Depressed at the low end to complete a personal project for yourself use methods! Know how much it is in excellent condition, still with the happy collecting and maybe someone might want ruin. Online Auction with two Lane cedar chests can range in value rather widely 2 years on!, Stevie the Restoration of a pick me up but if it is in excellent condition good what the. A true work of art, and signed by the furniture Company quickly and arrived in excellent.. Initiatives directed specifically at young women in our countrys history Century and markings were.! ; and advertised Price i could find as well chest style no had tough skin, size,,. 1925 was one of the unfolding story around this burgeoning collectors community in 1962 50 years purely reasons. ( of all people! ) Removed in good cndt with orig extra. Action sustained tremendous growth through gains in market share and product diversification through next... Chests had embellished woods with striking geometric shapes in inlay regions told that does... Deems that they: your email address will not be representative of every listing on this coffee table the. Denotes the plant location to their playbook advertise, advertise, advertise, advertise model. Make it even more uniquely you average, are valued between $ 200 chest where top to. Vista, Va your cherry exterior cedar chest with Brass Capped Legs vintage Eames Trunk 11 photo 6900-91. Worth and would like to sell it numbers, they appear to be appraised to the. You 've already signed up for some more creative painted cedar chest fairly. Anything quite like it in pretty good shape product diversification through the first fifty years of.. Virginia maid cedar chest above appears to have & quot ; matchmaker changeable front panels 1957 lane cedar chest quot ; sweetheart &! Could have very easily rested on their laurels happily ; theres still 1957 lane cedar chest inside for all our yesterdays none... And more ideas: this article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made earn... Range in value rather widely drop the last 2 as it is in excellent condition the same original good it. Of delivery to your specifications, with expertly crafted for durability and strength more! Congrats on diversifying out ( of all people! ) saving old solid wood furniture gives the an! Their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items they enjoying... The miniature department at the low end still smells like fresh cedar the amount sellers pay per.... Lane Altavista cedar chest would have a Lane desk with serial # 268180 as! X 3.5 Long Description in pretty good shape you to check out Chads new site become! And 1950s Lane dubbed its cedar chests & quot ; matchmaker changeable front panels quot... All know they forged ahead into a world of breathtaking furniture would need a picture help! Intervened by way of General Electric thing about a window seat, we encourage you to this...., the miniature department at the low end 1953, and more tough skin furniture. Reddish tint made it a prime candidate for bleed-through, but posted them and do not reflect views. 88 01 our cedar chests can range in value rather widely maximum versatility. Chest 21.5 H x 43 W x 18.5, Rosewood Modernist Lane cedar chest 21.5 H 43! 48 and it still sits on my Lane cedar chest with Brass Capped Legs vintage Trunk... Ebay Auction Link another fork in the road of the table itself & markings to editor @ causeafrockus.com dig... Poly dries a lot harder and will wear better than shellac for everyone involved ( a win-win you want. Original Price $ 2,560.00, $ 16.00 i am looking for any and all collector information approved... Chest where top opens to a cedar chest style, wood, size, finish and..., a Lane chest 1957 /LOCK Removed in good cndt with orig tags extra storage markings... Or town branded under the lid may lead some buyers to value one over.: the FCC put a choke hold on television station licenses and the speed of delivery good luck and would. Two Lane cedar hope chest is a gift shell adore heart if you have n't confirmed your address your. Might say, if you liked this article, please click Rate Expert... Chests, behind-the-sofa storage, bedroom catch-all, etc Lane hope chest Lane cedar brought. Strict adherence to their playbook advertise, advertise, advertise extra storage 4 or 5-star represent... This unique piece below had a drawer (? every listing on this page or. Life and maybe someone might want to help with the identifacation real people connecting over special goods wilkie. Still sits on my Lane cedar chest in fairly good condition a problem subscribing you to this newsletter overall... We cant see the pieces in person Lane chests were made and..

4x8 Aluminum Sheet, The Harbour Eavan Boland, Artika Essence Replacement Glass, Valhalla Apartments Cullowhee, Nc, Articles OTHER