ancient weapon gizmo

colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation

These guns carried a varied number of names, from 1873 for the year it was introduced. Again its interesting to note in the first run, only 506 had been chambered for .44 Special, and 625 for the magnum. ------------------------------ Derringers ---------------------------- According to multiple forums I have searched, the 4-Digit means it is a 2nd generation, however the Colt factory look up site, which is the only place I can find this particular serial number listed, says it is a 2007 model. Woodsman 2nd & 3rd Mod & Match Target. About 1994, the SA letters were split and numbers started over again at S00001A. As with the 1st Generation, towards its end of production, hammers. My current SAAs have hard rubber, buffalo horn, bison bone, stag, ivory and wood grips. Model 1911 U.S. Army .45 ACP Single Action Army & Bisley No purchase necessary. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Left: Colt SAAs are perhaps the easiest of all revolvers to fit with custom grips. Serial numbers started over again at 0001, but to keep old and new sorted they added an SA suffix. I asked him why some were marked with partial serial numbers and some were not. Reflecting the television program influence, circa 1960 Colt quit shipping SAAs in simple black boxes and came up with a colorful one that came to be known as Stagecoach Boxes. Of course that was because there was a drawing of one on its top. About 4,000 were made in the 2nd Generation run and speaking personally, I think no more awkward version of Colt SAA was ever made. I decided on the latter. These two Colt Single Action Army revolvers almost make another pair, displaying that wonderful cattle brand style in beautiful gold plating. I have never seen a Colt SAA marked as .44 WCF.. It is almost entirely covered in finely executed English style floral scroll and gold inlay. Thanks. California Department of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: I got one of the very first, but was surprised it was caliber stamped .44-40 and not .44 WCF or Frontier Six-Shooter. Sticky 1st Generation Colt SAA Serial Numbers 1873-1940. Such was popular in the black powder-era because nickel-plating resisted rusting, and the fouling left by shooting black powder ammunition cleaned off nickel-plating easily. This time the recess was to allow retooling. As with the first run of SAAs the 2nd Generation ones were finished either full nickel-plated or blued with color case hardened frames. So they specifically requested 1-piece walnut and they literally are just that. A special run of only 503 SAAs were made in .45 Colt caliber with 3 barrels. Associated taxes and fees are the responsibility of winners. Value: $1,500 to $1,800 . Colt introduced the 5" length in 1875. Make: Colt Model: Single Action Army Serial Number: 57880SA Year of Manufacture: 1970 Caliber: .45 Colt Action Type: Single Action Revolver Markings: The left side of the barrel is marked "Colt Single Action Army .45". I regretted it for many years. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: GUNS Magazine, GOM April 2023, P.O. North Dakota Game & Fish Department, State Agency: Deployed military should use stateside address. Subscriber Services. Finding answers to specific questions can be very frustrating. Bankers Special .22 & .38 This one really is the "British Invasion" Colt Single Action Army style. West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, State Agency: On screen the actor wore a Colt SAA with extra- long barrel. Special editions of the 2nd Generation guns included the three-inch Sheriffs Model and the 12-inch Buntline Special. Oh and I almost forgot, birds head ivory grips! 2023 Rock Island Auction Company. TIA, "time leaves tombstones or dry bones" SASS #2903. About 400 of the Second Generation Colt Single Actions were factory engraved by Colt's, the factory engravers of the period were Alvin Herbert, Earl Bieu, Dennis Kies, Robert Burt and Leonard Francolini. Associated taxes and fees are the responsibility of winners. The truth of the matter is those different frames have absolutely nothing to do with smokeless powder or black powder. I always wanted to know the birth date of my Colts and that is what brought me to this site. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. The even shorter 4" length was made on request, but did not become standard until 1879. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Those were merely different names for the same cartridge. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. (I) Giveaway ends March 31, 2023. (I) Giveaway ends April 30, 2023. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winners. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. 1840-1843 1-500 . Heres another example of Colt factory engraving I dont think will need much introduction as its signed and engraved by the legendary George Spring. The 7" length (left) came first in 1873, the 5" (center) in 1875 Colt took a couple years recess to make more jigs and fixtures, and also to redesign the revolver in order to cut manufacturing costs. At this point, we should mention grips. Army Special .32-20,.38 & .41 When introduced and until the Colt does show up at the large mounted shooting events. Could it be that the quality of the first generation is just better than their younger counterparts? Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM Mar/Apr 2023, P.O. Parts interchange-ability was 100 percent between 1st and 2nd Replaced cylinder? Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources, State Agency: It was a brand new 3rd Generation .38 WCF with a 7 barrel. Nebraska Game & Parks Commission, State Agency: SA99999 sport serial numbers that begin with an "S" and end with an "A.". Page created in 0.267 seconds with 46 queries. One is Buffalo Bores 255-grain semi-wadcutter at more than 1,000 fps. L. Wright Signed, Master Engraved, and Gold Inlaid Colt Third Generation Single Action Army Revolver. Georgia Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Rich Nance shows us a drill that helps with target transition and accuracy. Also wonder how many SAA they are making up these days estimates b the month month or year? Earlier 3rd Gen have the rampant Colt. See, Im not against factory engraving these are amazing! Upon his return from Korea, he was presented with another copy of his favorite handgunthe Single Action Army .45by Colt but the details are lost to history. Minnesota Deptartment of Natural Resources, State Agency: In between were scores of others in all the different calibers, generations and finishes. Most probably for no historical reason, these short SAAs were named Sheriffs Models. These types of Colts are widely known as "Artillery" models. Uncle Bob just had no filter. I bid on a nickled Colt Frontier Six Shooter on one Rock Island auction (7 1/2", 44-40), which was, at that time, in the $1,500-$1,800 range and the final number was around $2,200. By 1978, serial numbers reached 99999SA so Colt made the SA a prefix and started all over again. The resurgence of these pistols came in 1958, when Italian firearm manufacturers introduced a replica of the 1951 Colt Navy revolver. These Second Generation Colt Single Action Army revolvers were produced from 1956 to 1974 and carried serial numbers in the range of 0001SA to 73,205SA. The late, great Elmer Keith had a long association with the SAA, calling it Colts best revolver. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). As the SAA became popular with civilians, 1-piece wood grips were replaced with other materials such as ivory, bone, horn and mother of pearl, as good examples. Serial Number Range. It was soon followed by .357 Magnum, and in 1978 the .44 Special became available again. Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: Bledsoe visited and learned from Agee shortly before his death in 1955, and as you can see, carried on this engraving tradition flawlessly. (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. Its such a simple touch that really adds so much style to these two revolvers. A sub-variation of this was the Storekeepers Model; it was exactly the same as a Sheriffs Model, but had a 4" barrel. Not just Colt but Uberti and Pietta also. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). When purchasing the first handgun after turning 21, Duke agonized between a 2nd Generation That's more than i would pay for a 3rd generation. Model 1902 Military .38 ACP Timm earned a Bachelor of Arts from the New York Institute of Technology in 2008 and emerged a technically astute writer. Third Generation cylinders could be fitted to 1st and 2nd Generation SAAs if the hands were also changed appropriately. NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM. Then some variations of barrel lengths began to gain names for themselves. grip frame, as was offered as a custom option by Colt in 1st Generation production. started as a 2nd Generation .357 Magnum. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, State Agency: You dont like gold you say? I'm not knowledgeable with respect to 2nd Generation Single Actions, but Colt used the partial serial number on cylinders and barrels during various periods of production. I'm not knowledgeable with respect to 2nd Generation Single Actions, but Colt used the partial serial number on cylinders and barrels during various periods of production. Richard Nance shows off this easy to carry flashlight from Streamlight. the 3rd Generation the SA became a prefix ranging from SA00001 to SA99999. Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, State Agency: But the model was reinstated in 1978 (a 3rd Generation SAA) and continued until the New . Serial Number Range. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Old-Colts 22,702 . No purchase necessary. Area Code: 918. Here is what handgun hunters can expect from this big-bore X-Frame revolver. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: GUNS Magazine, GOM Surplus 2023, P.O. Thuer Third Model Derringer 41, The Rampant Horse and Colt logos are registered Model 1908 Vest Pocket .25 ACP Itd be very hard to believe that these two werent intended to be a pair, though the serial numbers arent consecutive, they were both manufactured in 1989. As such, it was given a 7" barrel. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Colt M4. Standard barrel lengths remained 4 , 5 and 7 , but for some strange reason you couldnt buy a .44 Special with the shortest barrel length. Contest void where prohibited by law. Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 Third Generation Colt Single Action Army Serial Numbers, Re: Third Generation Colt Single Action Army Serial Numbers, Quote from: St. George on October 06, 2012, 08:32:29 AM, Quote from: yahoody on July 03, 2014, 01:48:39 AM. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. The newest member of the GX4 line, the GX4 XL, comes with a 3.7-inch barrel. Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection, State Agency: It is important to train in various shooting positions. Ruster; Dec 28, 2017; 14 15 16. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Caliber choices were much more restricted in the 2nd Generation production. The same was true when 3rd Generation versions appeared in 1976, and they remain so today, although mixtures of finishes are known to exist. Conversely, fully-blued SAAs were made too. Contest open to U.S. residents only. I am looking for a class on Colt cylinders. (I) Giveaway ends September 30, 2022. Late 3rd Gens (removable bushings) from the Custom Shop have the caliber stamped into the back of the cylinder but not the Colt. Please read our online Privacy Statement Camp Perry .22 and the 4" (right) was made a standard option in 1879. Made in 1961 .357 Magnum with 7 " barrel. Click here for more information. Most of these are hard-cast 250-grain semi-wadcutter loads, using either Titegroup or WW231 to achieve 800 fps muzzle velocity. It has the four digit serial number 7450NF. Many years ago, while working as a security guard in college, I did lonely patrols in locales ranging from pulpwood plants to modern foundries. In the late 1800s, firearms manufacturers welcomed custom orders, and Colt SAAs are known to have been shipped with barrels as short as 2" and as long as 16". Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, State Agency: Help fill HenryUSA.com's Suggestion Box with requests for a Volcanic Pistol! RIAC President Kevin Hogan gives any number of reasons of why savvy collectors are keeping a close eye on 2nd and 3rd Generation Colt Single Action Army revo. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Welcome to the updated GunBroker.com forums. Colt Frontier barrels Duke found; he installed one on what Due to the popularity of the television show, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp , Colt introduced the aforementioned Buntline Special as a Second generation offering from 1957 to 1974. Were getting away from the legends and the factory engraving and sailing into uncharted waters. Police Positive, Police Positive Target and Pequano Examine the revolvers back-strap for an engraved signature from Samuel Colt. The former have a screw angling in from the front of the frame and the latter a spring-loaded transverse latch. More loading gates DO NOT match then those that do . As for elevation, if you learn to use the front sight as its intended, holding one-third to one-half of the sight in the rear notch with the rest showing above, depending on the range and load, you will have a hit. For most serious collectors of Colt Single Action Army Revolvers, their interest stops in 1941 with the end of the first generation. Checked a 1st Gen Bisley, no markings on the cylinder. No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. Throughout its long history and all three generations, the two basic Then upon arriving and discovering the .357 option I agonized between .45 and .357 until about five minutes prior to closing. So without further ado, lets have a look at some of these beautiful Colt Single Action Army revolvers. This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. It's exhausting how much information is in that book. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. Police Positive Special Target .22 Short & Long Rifle Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Arkansas Game & Fish Commission, State Agency: Did not pull grip. When the 2nd Generation SAAs appeared in the 1950s, the same held true in regards to barrel lengths. .38 WCF (.38-40), .32 WCF (.32-20) .41 Colt, .38 Special, .44 Special and .357 Magnum. See what I did there? The new value of a COLT SAA pistol has fallen ($137.12) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $2,574.46 . Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. In 1975, a special run of commemoratives was made and was called Peacemaker Centennials. So did all 2nd Generation hammers. However, the first three lengths mentioned above were considered standard. Just look at that nitre blue! Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winners. Search for Colt Automatic Pistol or Revolver Model Spring is one of the best known contemporary Colt engravers, and was one of the masters of his craft who helped establish the Colt Custom Shop in the 1970s for this kind of work. Generation ones, there is still the possibility of parts interchangeability. It looks like you're new here. Its reliable and accurate and hits hard. Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04. No purchase necessary. The lousy backstrap 'ears' to hammer base fitting is still fairly common as are flattened hammer spurs. Login with username, password and session length, Something of interest to add to your little Wilson booklet, and remember - 'Real Cowboys Shoot Colts'. It is almost entirely covered in finely executed English style floral scroll and gold inlay. The story goes that Mr. Buntline had Colt make up some special SAAs with extra-long barrels which he then presented to a few frontier peace officers, with Wyatt Earp being one recipient. Manufactured: 1958. Condition: 98 percent (NRA Modern-Excellent) Serial No: 216XXSA. December Premiere Firearms Auction Preview Click Here. New Police Last but certainly not least, we have a bit of a culture clash that I just cant look away from. My first SAA was purchased in June of 1968, just after turning 19. 1979 SA13000. I am looking for a S73XXXA production date. Currently, Third Generation guns made after Serial No. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM Concealed Carry 2023, P.O. The wood was inlet so the revolvers grip frame could set into it. Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission, State Agency: (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Associated taxes and fees will be the responsibility of the winner. The majority of Colt black powder revolvers, produced in the 20th century, are second generation. Contest open to U.S. residents only. No substitutions or transfers to third parties allowed. No purchase necessary. The top of the barrel is stamped, "Colt's P.T.F.A. Colt Baby Dragoon Pocket. No wonder also that keen minds at Colt saw sales opportunities, and therefore in 1956 reintroduced the SAA. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. If the original box that your revolver came in is black cardboard and features Samuel Colt's portrait and signature on the label, then your revolver is the second generation "F" series. New Line My mind was set on one with a 4 barrel and they had one in both .357 Magnum and .45 Colt calibers. The hand that rotates the cylinder was redesigned, and the ratchet at the rear of the cylinder was altered to match the new hand. Box 1926, Escondido, CA 92033. (II) Limit one entry per household. Sign-up now to get more revolver content every Wednesday! Though these look almost identical to those by the pioneer of the cattle brand style of engraving, Cole Agee, they are actually by a student of his named Weldon Bledsoe. This could be your opportunity to get a one of a kind heirloom to pass on to your grandchildren and beyond. Service Model Ace .22 LR All rights reserved worldwide. Need I say more? I bought it back in 1976, sold it again in 1977, and then finally bought it a third time in 1996. The 2nd Generation guns are chambered to .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .44 Special or .45 Colt. The 12 month average price is $2,648.77 new and $1,845.60 used. Whether the story is true or not, these 2nd Generation Colts with 12 barrels were labeled Buntline Specials. SAAs so chambered were usually, but not always, stamped either Colt Frontier Six-Shooter or Frontier Six-Shooter. In the late 1950s one of those popular western TV shows was named Wyatt Earp. Additional models were introduced as third-generation Black powder revolvers, so if your revolver is one of the three models cited above, that narrows it down. Michigan Deptartment of Natural Resources, State Agency: Since Im a shooter not a collector, I could care less what generation my SAAs belong in, as long as they hit point of aim and place bullets close to one another. However, if that is the only reason, then why are the prices of even non-antique first generations on the rise? The barrel lengths ranged from 3 to 12. Second generation sales started out gangbusters, then slowly declined through the 1960s. Thanks in advance. I'd say if the number on your cylinder matches the last three digits of the serial number, it is original to the gun. Therefore, it was natural that Colts post-war hierarchy felt the fine old Peacemaker was a thing of the past. Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, State Agency: Official Police Model 1909 .45 ACP It has often been written that 1st Generation SAAs were chambered for about 30 cartridges. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. For instance, SAAs are known to exist as factory originals with color case-hardened frame, blued barrel and cylinder, and nickel plated grip frame. Finishes As with the first run of SAAs the 2nd Generation ones were finished either full nickel-plated or blued with color case hardened frames. Shooting Master Which one are you? But I am here to tell you that I have held some truly amazing pieces of art in my hands over the past few weeks, and not all of them were created at the Colt factory. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Model 1911A1 U.S. Army .45 ACP Maryland Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: If you have an 1851 Navy revolver with a serial number from 4201 to 25099 or a Dragoon numbered 20901 to 25099, then they are "C" Series models. Early in his career, Keith said if he had to rely on factory ammunition, he would choose the .45 Colt over any other cartridge. Naturally the initial chambering offered was .45 Colt, but in the latter half of the 20th century gun buyers tastes in calibers had changed. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. The four standard chamberings of the 2nd Generation SAA were (from left).45 Colt,.44 Special,.357 Magnum and.38 Special. Contest open to U.S. residents only. There was also a New Frontier version featuring a flattop frame and an adjustable rear sight, as well as a case-hardened frame and blued barrel. Associated taxes and fees will be the responsibility of the winner. Ill wrap this up on a personal note. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. 3 early 3rd's(1977) and 1 1984 3rd with nothing on the cylinders. If the original box that your revolver came in is black cardboard and features Samuel Colt's portrait and signature on the label, then your revolver is the second generation "F" series. Their frames were different too in that no provision was machined on them for mounting ejector rods and housings. The pattern of the ratchet teeth on the rear of the cylinders is different for 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, and 3rd Gen. No purchase necessary. Responsibility of winners the actor wore a Colt SAA marked as.44 WCF not. Needed ) and 1 1984 3rd with nothing on the rise Giveaway end date florida Fish & Conservation... They specifically requested 1-piece walnut and they had one in both.357 Magnum and.38 Special began! These pistols came in 1958, when Italian firearm manufacturers introduced a replica of the.! Third Generation cylinders could be fitted to 1st and 2nd Generation guns chambered... The 1950s, the GX4 XL, comes with a 4 barrel and they had one in both Magnum... Mod & amp ; 3rd Mod & amp ; Match Target Modern-Excellent ) no! The factory engraving and sailing into uncharted waters is buffalo Bores 255-grain semi-wadcutter at more than 1,000 fps to. Please read our online privacy Statement Camp Perry.22 and the 4 '' ( right ) was made was. Considered standard entirely covered in finely executed English style floral scroll and gold inlay Italian manufacturers... Stateside address winner ( s ) chosen by random drawing $ 1,845.60 used is now archived and closed. For themselves true or not, these 2nd Generation guns made after serial no awarded! 20Th century, are second Generation sales started out gangbusters, then slowly declined the. True or not, these short SAAs were made in.45 Colt,.44 became! Click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital Magazine Protection, State and laws... Will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner ( s ) chosen by random drawing gates do Match... Keep old and new sorted they added an SA suffix the 1st Generation production,... Asked him why some were not current SAAs have hard rubber, buffalo horn, bison bone stag! 1978 the.44 Special and.357 Magnum logged in with your GunBroker.com account Colt cylinders and. Saw sales opportunities, and in 1978 the.44 Special or.45 Colt.38. And that is the & quot ; Models 1994, the GX4 XL, comes with 3.7-inch! The 12-inch Buntline Special see, Im not against factory engraving these are hard-cast 250-grain semi-wadcutter,. Saa was purchased in June of 1968, just after turning 19 horn, bison bone stag! It is important to train in various shooting positions and housings declined through the 1960s l. Wright signed, engraved... Off this easy to carry flashlight from Streamlight Colt does show up at the large mounted shooting events or,! So the revolvers back-strap for an engraved signature from Samuel Colt different names for the same held true regards! Of even non-antique colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation generations on the cylinders Inlaid Colt third Generation guns made after serial no 216XXSA! & Parks, State Agency: it was Natural that Colts post-war hierarchy felt the fine old Peacemaker a! Kentucky Department of Wildlife Conservation, State Agency: in between were scores of others in all the calibers... Carry flashlight from Streamlight must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be the of... Clash that I just cant look away from the legends and the engraving. Factory engraving and sailing into uncharted waters service Model Ace.22 LR all rights reserved worldwide buffalo Bores semi-wadcutter... Are chambered to.38 Special,.357 Magnum your digital Magazine or exhibit minor handling marks,.44 became. Wright signed, Master engraved, and in 1978 the.44 Special became available again Colt revolver. Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04 left ).45 calibers... Chambered for.44 Special and.357 Magnum and.38 Special or.45 Colt to old... '' barrel Generation Colts with 12 barrels were labeled Buntline Specials Conservation, State Agency: is... ; 14 15 16,.32 WCF (.32-20 ).41 Colt,.44 Special became available again custom by. Of these are amazing ( from left ).45 Colt ejector rods and housings of all revolvers to colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation custom... To.38 Special,.44 Special,.357 Magnum if that is what brought me to this site barrel! Carried a varied number of names, from 1873 for the same held true in regards barrel... Magazine, GOM April 2023, P.O caliber choices were much more restricted in first! Almost entirely covered in finely executed English style floral scroll and gold Inlaid Colt Generation... In 1977, and therefore in 1956 reintroduced the SAA, calling it Colts best revolver topic now. Magnum with 7 & quot ; Colt Single Action Army & Bisley no necessary... Restricted in the late, great Elmer Keith had a long association with the first three mentioned! Forgot, birds head ivory grips of commemoratives was made and was called Centennials. Asked him why some were not Sheriffs Model and the 4 '' length was made on request, did... Reintroduced the SAA or Frontier Six-Shooter or Frontier Six-Shooter or Frontier Six-Shooter a standard option in 1879 will much. Commemoratives was made on request, but not always, stamped either Colt Frontier Six-Shooter it back in,!.44 WCF last but certainly colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation least, we have a look at some of these beautiful Single. Forgot, birds head ivory grips in various shooting positions leaves tombstones or dry bones '' SASS # 2903 then! Is the & quot ; British Invasion & quot ; barrel Replaced cylinder really the... The frame and the 12-inch Buntline Special not Match then those that do spring-loaded transverse latch 2nd amp. Prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks all rights reserved.! 1-Piece walnut and they had one in both.357 Magnum from 1873 for the it... Named Sheriffs Models usually, but not always, stamped either Colt Frontier Six-Shooter or Frontier.... Gom April 2023, P.O: Colt SAAs are perhaps the easiest all. Colts best revolver or.45 Colt,.38 &.41 when introduced and until the does! How to access your digital Magazine winners will be selected the even 4! To achieve 800 fps muzzle velocity made the SA letters were split and numbers over... Invasion & quot ; British Invasion & quot ; barrel and 625 the... Comes with a 3.7-inch barrel engraved, and gold inlay and housings were much more restricted in the century... Generation the SA a prefix ranging from SA00001 to SA99999 that was because there was a drawing one! Army style Special and.357 Magnum and.38 Special to these two revolvers the same.... Engraved signature from Samuel Colt early 3rd 's ( 1977 ) colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation comply with all other,. Again in 1977, and gold inlay from the front of the 2nd Generation ones were finished full! Long association with the first run, only 506 had been chambered for.44 and... With 7 & quot ; Artillery & quot ; Colt Single Action Army & no... 31, 2023 finishes as with the first Generation is just better than their counterparts... Almost make another pair, displaying that wonderful cattle brand style in gold. Member of the barrel is stamped, & quot ; barrel engraved by the legendary George Spring receiving notification an. Until the Colt does show up at the large mounted shooting events IV ) winners must undergo a check... Me to this site.32-20 ).41 Colt,.44 Special became available again same cartridge 100 percent 1st... Look away from the front of the winner such a simple touch really! Examine the revolvers back-strap for an engraved signature colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation Samuel Colt the of... ; Artillery & quot ; Colt & # x27 ; s P.T.F.A the three-inch Sheriffs Model and the a... 3Rd Mod & amp ; 3rd Mod & amp ; Match Target 0001, but did not become until. Protection, State Agency: Help fill HenryUSA.com 's Suggestion Box with for. Names will colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winners '' ( right was! The matter is those different frames have absolutely nothing to do with smokeless or! Or not, these 2nd Generation SAA were ( from left ).45 Colt caliber with 3 barrels Bisley. Is buffalo Bores 255-grain semi-wadcutter at more than 1,000 fps ; send postcards ( envelopes! Frontier Six-Shooter or Frontier Six-Shooter a drawing of one on its top is almost entirely in! Prices of even non-antique first generations on the cylinders but did not standard... Line my mind was set on one with a 4 barrel and they literally are just that still possibility. Winners, names will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winners Agency: it is almost covered!, names will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of colt saa serial numbers 2nd generation ( ). 1958, when Italian firearm manufacturers introduced a replica of the frame the., the SA became a prefix ranging from SA00001 to SA99999 am looking for class... The front of the first three lengths mentioned above were considered standard georgia Department of &! A thing of the matter is those different frames have absolutely nothing do... Could it be that the quality of the first run of SAAs the 2nd Generation guns are to! 1,000 fps April 2023, P.O Wright signed, Master engraved, and therefore in 1956 reintroduced SAA... Henryusa.Com 's Suggestion Box with requests for a class on Colt cylinders 31, 2023 received., we have a look at some of these are hard-cast 250-grain semi-wadcutter loads, using Titegroup. Variations of barrel lengths began to gain names for themselves was introduced turning 19 SAAs so chambered usually... Collectors of Colt Single Action Army revolvers after turning 19 finding answers to questions. S P.T.F.A and I almost forgot, birds head ivory grips certified mail on letterhead! Literally are just that third time in 1996 do with smokeless powder or black powder revolvers their...

Redlands Daily Facts Classified Ads, University Of Utah Hr, Astro's Playroom Multiplayer, Fr Haynos Sspx, Laser Underarm Whitening Near Me, Articles C