ancient weapon gizmo

gloomhaven doomstalker cards pdf

Thanks to the card choices we have on offer, the level 1 deck is not great in terms of reusable abilities and movement. (find out why soon!). We put them all back in their boxes and chose starting classes instead! Because the damage is direct, its fabulous for getting through pesky Shields and its amazing when paired with the top of Frightening Curse. What I am proposing below is not one-fit-all built, but what worked for me. The allure of the 24 damage loss was still appealing, but now weve got a reusable 5 damage with experience and a larger range. Instead, youll more likely use this to Move 4 to get where you need to go quickly. Based on my experience, Id guess that the common builds are one of these three. While our main focus will be on Ice bonuses for Stun, well keep an eye out for Dark abilities that lend themselves to our damage and Stun build. This trap isnt the worst. To do this, youll need a mixture of high and low initiative cards. The 47 initiative isnt great but the card is still a solid choice. When I first saw this ability, I was surprised to see that the Mindthiefs mind control abilities can also be inflicted on allies. Self heal enhancement slots are often used for Strengthen buffs, but we have Expose giving us Advantage so we can get Bless instead and enjoy double damage when it pops up! This is a weaker, non-Loss version of Perverse Edge. Literally. I loved playing as my Expose Doomstalker! Though most Orchids live a life of meditation, there is a sect who believes that enlightenment should be achieved through hard work and not getting lost in thought for years on end. This Goomhaven Mindthief guide focuses on building and playing as a damage focussed Mindthief who stuns monsters! Use the bottom of Phantasmal Killer to Move 2 to get next to your target, Loot, make yourself Invisible (and safe!) The calm mind of the Orchid makes the Doomstalker an excellent bow hunter. Gloomhaven is a cooperative game of tactical combat, battling monsters and advancing a player's own individual goals in a persistent and changing world that is played over many game sessions. You can move the Dooms to another monster whenever you want to without waiting for them to be eliminated and you can move them to a target within range 4, rather than the range 2 from Rising Momentum. Empathetic Assault. Manipulating the movement of monsters is always useful. So providing it hits the monsters first, it could survive for a decent while. To get the best bang for your buck, you want to enhance the cards that are going to be with you for a long time and are pretty cheap to enhance. Card initiatives are really important with this strategy, but so is having ample movement cards in your hand, ideally with Jump. We get that on any card. Fresh Kill. Well, we may have just found a use for it! Create Ice, Bottom: Consume Ice for Shield 1 Self, 1 Exp), Phantasmal Killer (Top: Consume Dark, Bottom: Invisible, Self, Create Dark), Use the top of Hostile Takeover to Immobilize your target, Use the bottom of Feedback Loop to Move 4 with Jump and Muddle all monsters moved through. Role After those, I took the Ignore negative scenario effects perk because I cant stand adding bad cards into my deck! The top of Brain Leech gives us an emergency heal while Perverse Edge gives us a high damage melee ability when used at the right time. Just hitting one monster for 3 damage wouldnt be very good value! The 51 initiative is about as bad as you can get. Joining us at level 3, this is another ability that works hard for us right up until retirement. The Create Dark ability on this card isnt useful to us as we have nothing at level 1 that uses Dark, but the Loot 1 is useful to us at any level! Were bringing in another top reusable ranged damage ability so are there any we can replace with Impending End? We drop Submissive Affliction. Brain Leech aligns better with our build, so we pick that up. We drop Fearsome Blade. For every melee ability you use, you get to heal. The 27 initiative is quite poor. It would help if I had the physical cards so I could more easily look through them. Just use the basic ability on the card which gets boosted to 4 damage because of The Minds Weakness. That 05 initiative is too good to pass over. You have no idea if youll go early or late in the round. With a cheap +1 enhancement youve now got a repeatable 6 damage with the potential to stun when you consume Ice. I'm not new to this kind of game, but I'm new to Gloomhaven. We need that high reusable movement! The summoner build is possible and Im sure lots of fun, but I think itd be more difficult to make work than the Expose build. Having said that I really enjoyed the Frightening Curse and Detonation combo! Lead with the 33 initiative of Rain of Arrows and use the bottom ability to Doom an undamaged monster. For a level 9 card this isnt great. You need to be upfront and personal with the bad guys to deal the most damage, but you cant take what you give out. mykindofmeeple.com contains unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. Its awesome how the additional damage points from having advantage of return add up throughout a scenario. Of course, well need to get rid of The Minds Weakness if we play this Augment instead. That can be the difference between being the first to the treasure chest or not! Use the 09 initiative on Hostile Takeover to go early in the round and pick your target. For me, its not worth it. When I was retiring at level 8 all those were perfectly adjusted and it was great pleasure to play Doomstalker! That character is a very interesting combination of super-powerful range attacks both as far as damage as well as range are concerned and of specific mechanic called Doom. The Move 3 alone is welcome. Result! However, its okay at getting through shielded monsters. Another reusable ranged ability! Unfortunately, at early levels, we have very few high move abilities. Then +1 Poison. But we do have other faster cards coming up at level 1. Unless we save them all for the last room so we dont run out of stamina. (Which is highly recommended!). But its not worth carrying around just for that. I have chosen: Later on, I was acquiring the items in more or less following order couple of comments, why I found them useful for Angry Face (some of them are unlockable on higher Prosperity levels): Of course, the heart of the Gloomhaven are cards and here you can shape the character of your adventurer. Then, I added Stun. All the cards in Gloomhaven can be considered good or bad depending on loads of factors such as: party composition, build type, and situation. The bottom Doom ability is really great too. Just like the Doom on the bottom of Vital Charge, we dont need this healing bonus. I hope you have as much fun playing the Mindthief as I did! But its always helpful to have access to a Jump in case we need to get around traps or obstacles. We apply the AoE Doom from the bottom of Detonation that causes 3 damage to all adjacent monsters when that monster is defeated. This is a decent upgrade on the Loot 1 from the top of A Moments Peace. Weve got one! Youll take this card for the bottom ability and will just never use the top. ), Shared Nightmare (Top: Consume Dark for Poison and Curse. Hi! We made this website in order to play Gloomhaven during Covid-19 lockdown, without having to Might as well rest. You took all those traps at level 1 and not Firghtning Curse shame. So this build is a late bloomer, but if you start playing your Doomstalker at a higher level, then you may not have to wait to try this build out! The heal self ability provides us with the perfect opportunity to get some Blesses into our deck! Although Detonation is damage-focused and Crashing Wave is negation-focused, the benefit for the party of monsters drawing Curses is huge. Itll enhance our only lower damage dealer which we use often. That was my second character which retired, with the first one I had completely different class (Brute). Its not enough to guarantee going before the monsters, instead, wed go after a couple of them and potentially leave ourselves in harms way. We also have plenty of Dooms in our hand so while the +1 for all allies was good, it usually only meant 3 extra damage before that monster was finished. Flying in MTG Rules, Best Cards + Decks! The Mindthief guide covers all levels from 1-9 and assesses the cards at each level for how well they fit with this build. A reusable Jump is super important to use as a squishy melee class. For this Mindthief build, I looked for cards that offered: My card evaluations are all with this build in mind. Frightening Curse. Fearsome Blade has a Move but its a Loss, and the top action will deal 4 damage in melee range. The 2 experience doesnt make it much more tempting! After you hit them, not only are they Immobilized, but they are also taking damage each turn, leaving them with less health remaining by the time they reach you. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. A summon that can keep up with us! Feedback Loop! Thats 5+3+1 so hell do 9 damage. thisincredible 3D 108 piece custom Gloomhaven scenery set, 15 Awesome Gloomhaven Accessories and Upgrades, Gloomhaven Classes Starting Characters Overview and Rank, Gloomhaven Unlockable Classes Revealed (No campaign spoilers), Scoundrel Guide Single Target Poison Build. Im usually not a huge fan of loot abilities because they mean we cant deal damage or move which are the two things we really want to be doing most of the time. Its here! Both cards are excellent. Cranium Overload is the winner for us. The Doomstalker is a bit of an oddity as far as mechanics go. Move and hit as one ability is good, but at level 6, we have better options. That means, we dont need to move all that often, but when we do, we want to move a decent distance. Well, maybe. Whats extra awesome is that because we have no range limits on Dooms we can throw this onto a Boss as soon as we enter the room if we like! At the early levels when your modifier deck is pretty unpredictable, youll be thankful for this Advantage! Lets see what they have to offer! Im not a huge fan of this ability. Our movement issues and reusable damage ability problems of the early levels are long gone! Sounds great, right? See Frightening Curse like a chain reaction card. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Im a big fan of bottom damage abilities, especially when they are on 16 initiative card. If theres a monster in our face, we can stick them in place and scoot away! PS. For a capstone card, its still not incredible, but its good enough. If you feel like its worth skipping your own hit once per scenario, and have an ally do it instead, then take it with you. To be honest, in my group, monsters I Doomed didnt last longer than a round even without my teammates having Advantage! Perfect for going first in a round. . There are several different ways you can go when playing a Mindthief. During the game I worked out multiple combos which worked pretty well. Its a no-brainer to get one of these! Putting ourselves at risk to deal 3 damage isnt worth it. But with only 2 damage being dealt each time, its not going to do a good amount of burst damage to help reduce monster hp. But we can always pair it with another card with the initiative we want. The top and bottom repeatable abilities are both highly useful and the 10 initiative just tops it all off. A double reusable ability card with 11 initiative. The Orchids are an ancient meditative race from somewhere across the Misty Sea. Another reusable ranged ability that we really, really need to make the most use of the persistent Expose effect. But for a summoner build, this one isnt too bad. This article is a complete guide to playing a Gloomhaven Doomstalker that deals ranged damage with permanent Advantage thanks to an ability on the Expose card, it also Dooms monsters for damage bonuses. Abilities like this in the top slot are exactly what we want to pair with the bottom Dooms or Moves. Its unlikely to take out any monsters because unboosted it will only do 3 damage to each one and that damage will look even less powerful at level 9. The two Augment play sounds amazing but dont bank on having two Augments out for the entire scenario. We want this in play as often as we can! Again, probably not surprising, I have to admit I will be missing that silent, quiet hunter who was dealing enormous amounts of damage from far away, quickly disappearing into invisibility after the hit. It's been extremely hot here so I apologize for any small mistakes, I'm going through and proofreading it again but it's not easy to concentrate when it's 40 degrees in your apartment, so if you catch any mistakes, feel free to point them out. The Push on the top does help with that though! Remember that ability on the bottom of Mass Hysteria that lets us have two Augments in play? This can be totally epic! There are no good or bad cards in Gloomhaven. You can help us maintaining and improving the website here: We use cookies to store the cards you picked. So its the perfect match! The best thing about this card for us is the very high initiative that would guarantee us going late in the round. This is an enhancement for later levels when you have more money! Our first ranged damage ability! Single-target Ranged Attacker, Summoner, Crowd Control For reference, as this question gets asked a lot: I have played four Doomstalkers to retirement. Deal damage and heal with just one ability slot is pretty awesome. Also, every time it hits a monster you get to flip a damage modifier for it turning that 3 damage into 4 or 5 reasonably often. The Detonation Doom causes 3 damage to any adjacent monsters when the Doomed monster is eliminated. Great to see another reusable damage dealer option. EmilyHi, Im Emily, the tabletop gamer behind My Kind of Meeple. So you use the 16 initiative on Brain Leech to go early. Gloomhaven Beast Tyrant level 1 and X cards Gloomhaven Beast Tyrant cards level 2-5 Beast Tyrant cards level 6-9 Concentrated Rage and Patch Fur are level 1 cards that will likely stay with you right up to level 9. I would just say that you are to play lightning bolt Right? Gloomhaven Circles Guide Build & Strategy Locked Class. I really liked Darkened Skies. Sssuper sssummon! Moving into melee range isnt something were keen to do unless the risk is worth it. This means creating a trap in a hex adjacent to us makes it highly unlikely to be triggered! Seriously, go check it out! A unique card to the Mindthief is the Augment card. Plus, the 3 damage we get from Detonation isnt as impressive at level 8 as it was at lower levels. But pair it with Rain of Arrows and you can add a +2 to that damage and with Expose were taking the highest modifier we flip. Zoom! Given that this Immobilize ranged ability will be used on melee monsters that you want to keep out of the way for a while so you can deal with other bad guys, Wound is a good fit. Expose gives you Advantage once per turn if youre targeting a Doomed monster, so make sure you are! Those 4 worked pretty well with my style of play. It really doesnt matter what this ability says, were never going to use it! This card is going to be with you until the end of level 8 so youre going to get plenty of use from it. That can lead to stamina issues, for you and for others in your party. Because the damage values on this card are reasonably low, it will do ok at level 2 but wont stay in our hand for very long as monsters get stronger and have more health. The combos you have available will vary depending on the cards you choose and the level youre at. The flexibility of a top Move and hit is brilliant and it makes up for the situational Loss on the bottom. Move 2, sure, whatever. A ranged snakey friend that can hang out with us out of monster range and deal 3 extra damage plus Poison each turn. We need to get in there before our allies do! Doomstalker Expose Build Guide Structure Ideally, remove all the negatives as much as you can to make your damage output more predictable. The only downsides are its 1 damage and short range of 2. Hi all. Ideally, we dont want to be relying on Shields at all. The Create Ice is nice too. Great if you want to force a monster face first into a trap or move it towards a different ally. When this class is unlocked, add city and road event cards #38. Remember every standard top ability is also a melee 4 for us whenever The Minds Weakness is in play. The lowest priority perk is Immobilize. We get a 5 range which helps us reach Doomed monsters and also means we have to Move less frequently to get them in range. Accept card : Display a button to add a card from another class to your hand; Sort modifiers : Display a button to sort the first X modifiers of your . We do need more of those! The Gloomhaven FAQ says "For the top Action, the character picks an ally and the enemy moves towards that ally as if it has a move 3 - melee attack." Which seems at odds with "direct", but the FAQ comes from the game's author, and Digital follows it. This ability is obviously more valuable in a 4 player group where you can get 4 Curses in the monster deck in one turn! However, they are an option and can mean that you need to spend fewer actions on moves getting in range of monsters. On the face of it, two active Dooms on the same target sounds wonderful! Use the top of Dark Frenzy and do your boosted melee ability that consumes Ice and Dark for an 8 damage. Our lack of reusable abilities at level 1 makes this card a good choice. It's entirely free, without ads, and we hope you enjoy it. What makes the class an oddity is primarily the nature of cards with Dooms on them.

Best Led Headlight For Street Glide, Organic Milk Delivery Colorado, Aluminum Awning Track Marine, Invader Zim: Enter The Florpus, My Dog Ate A Pan Of Bacon Grease, Articles G