barakamon> handa wife

ktm oil drain plug stripped

It may not display this or other websites correctly. On my KTM, there is a plug for checking the oil. Done! Or are they just that delicate? Oil Filter Screen Drain Plug Bolt for KTM & Husaberg $ 20.95. Time-Sert M14x1.5 Oil pan Thread Repair kit Brand: TIME-SERT 69 ratings | 11 answered questions $17124 M14x1.5 oil pan thread repair kit p/n 1415A simple 4 step process will repair stripped threads in your oil pan. I got the bike and the constant dripping just would not do. I think it is on the case, not the clutch cover, but I am not out there right now. It took me like 3 hours to do since I had to take out the mid-pipe. They work on aluminum automobile oil pans, so maybe. The bolt obviously will not go back in. ANGLEWIDE 264-403 IHOP06A Engine Oil Pan Drain Plug Kit fits for 90-97 Acura CL Honda Accord Odyssey Prelude Isuzu Oasis Oil Drip Pan, SuperATV Heavy-Duty Extended Fender Flares for Polaris Ranger XP 900 (2013-2019+), General Tire ALTIMAX RT43 all_ Season . The plug measures 21mm? Core. 2023 ft. RotoMoto, Why So Many Factory Busts These Days? Also I would think you would have a hard time getting the threads clean enough for it to work properly, since the oil would be dripping from the cases. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Dsnaduo 1PC M14x1.5MM Stainless Steel Engine Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Fits for Honda Accord Civic CR-V Odyssey, Acura Ford GM Mazda Hyundai KIA Audi RAM Yamaha And More Vehicles, Replace DP001, Dsnaduo 5PCS Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Pilot Point W Insert Gasket M12x1.75mm fit for Buick Cadillac Chevrolet GMC, Replace 090-936CD, 090-091.1, 090-091, 65372, 653096US, 11562588, 11519933, 11518377, 8PCS Dsnaduo Oil Drain Plug Fit For Ford F150 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Lincoln MKZ Replace FT4Z-6730-A, FT4Z6730A, KX6Z-6730-B, KX6Z6730B, BC3Z6730A, BC3Z6730B, Enter a new vehicle to add it to Your Garage and filter the results below, 690Enduro/R 2008-23 690SMCR 790/890Duke 790/890 Adventure/R 2021-23 125-530XC/XCF/XCW/XCFW/XCW SixDays/XCW TPI/SX/SXF/EXC/EXCF, & Husqvarna 125 250 350 450 501 530 570 XC/XCF/XCW/XCF-W/XCW TPI SX/SXF/SXF SXS/EXCF/EXC/EXC-G MXC/MXC-G. Shop products from small business brands sold in Amazons store. No issues. Best to coat tap with heavy grease before retreading hole. How to repair KTM transmission oil level screw thread @Andrew Cooksey :eek: Please don't say that you used the JB Weld to seal the threads on the bolt and tightened it into the hole? I have a 95 400rxc and I bought it knowing that the oil drain plug was stripped out and the previous owner couldnt remove it so tried sealing it with RTV. Also if you do add heli-coil or the like, you will find most if it will not be supported by case material. Cookie Notice It didn't seem very tight when I removed it, and it's clearly stripped when I put it back in. This should work with KTM 4 stroke motors 2000-2007. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Copyright ThumperTalk, Inc. - All rights reserved.ThumperTalk is a registered trademark. ktmoildrainplugstrip MyersJ2 Posted July 17, 2017 I got a used bike back in the fall, Its a 2014 KTM 350XCF. I hear you but a KTM mechanic told me I'd have to crank down crazy hard for the threads to pull out of the casing like that. Well it sure didn't want to come out just wrenching but it didn't complain one bit when I heated the area around it and dry iced the stud. July 4, 2016 in 250-530 EXC-F/XCF-W/XCR-W. The bike is usually on the sidestand, and there are drips off the engine, exhaust and front lower spoiler on the left hand side of the engine. Tjat would make me very emotional. Did you set the wrench to Foot/lbs, Inch/lbs, Nms ? Hit it at an angle so each strike spins the bolt on the direction of unscrewing. In terms of strength, they should be like new. And then rotate it in the opposite direction to pull it out. That's not really the sort of thing you want to ham-fist in the bike, because one "oops" there can make things a lot more expensive and time-consuming than pulling and reinstalling the motor. Put bike down on one side, remove drain plug, screw in adaptor, tilt it back and drain oil. Sometimes you can get away with just having a longer bolt. If you're careful, you can sometimes get them out with a chisel. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies. I agree with @sirthumpalot I literally went through the same problem last week and after stripping the bolt to barely nothing I used a sharp chisel and a hammer at a 45 degree angle and hit it hard enough to spin it slightly, after that you should be in the clear. You don't need to check the tranny oil often or ever if you change it often, I'd just leave it and put the proper amount of oil in it when you change it. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Copyright ThumperTalk, Inc. - All rights reserved.ThumperTalk is a registered trademark. You are using an out of date browser. Put the plug back in and refill. You'll feel resistance build up much better. It happens all the time , I never use a torque wrench for oil drain plugs . Once the damaged plug is out, a rubber plug can serve as a temporary . Previous owner must have done it. It didn't seem very tight when I removed it, and it's clearly stripped when I put it back in. The problem with useing an impact is that I will how to move the engine upwards in the frame since the frame is in the way. Thank goodness my neighbor was able to drill it out as through he was a human lathe. Oil Filter Screen Drain Plug Bolt for KTM & Husaberg quantity. The magnesium cover is too soft and thin to accurately install one. I coated it with red Locktite for now. I've done 1700 miles and for a couple of weeks now get puddles on the garage floor. Less chance to go BOOM! It was Friday night and I wanted to ride the weekend so:eek: Yes it is a 125. That specific bolt I would not have thought to be that sensitive. Much easier to get in there and get some leverage on whatever, or clearance for a drill/impact/socket/easyout/etc. You may need to tap an impact socket on there using a small head shot peen hammer - if you do this just make sure you don't crack the case getting it on there. Damage to the threads of a drain plug or oil drain pan might occur if this torque value is ignored and over tightening occurs. Joined: Mar 16, 2006 . So to answer, yes KTM has different sized plugs. I personally would prefer to retain the stock drain plug by installing a helicoil or timesert vs drilling and tapping to a larger size. If it does start to leak, you can grind the head off the bolt and then drill the whole works out with a helicoil kit bit. So not sure. We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. I got it out know with a bolt grip set, I honestly have no idea what he did. We are talking his KTM 500 oil filter cap fasteners not your Husaberg. but yeah take your time, and if feels to much back off and leave it. We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. I decided to go ahead and do an oil change, and of course found that the previous owner was kind enough to pre-strip the drain bolt on the right side with the clutch cover. Privacy Policy. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies. $16.99 $ 16. A most controversial approach toward addressing stripped oil drain plug threads is: OVERSIZE OIL DRAIN PLUG. signal15, Then apply a little torque as it gets tighter. I cant find a thread insert for that but I can tap it for 22mm. I guess it's possible, but I've never heard anyone use locktite there. First off, it might be difficult to remove, so avoid using vice grips, as those may strip the head. I have a 2009 KTM Duke 690. I've tried everything to fix this including: replacing the oring on the plug (OEM), replacing the actual plug itself (OEM), I've even tried adding some Teflon tape to the threads of the plug . 2023 GNCC Round 4 Tiger Run. Im trying to get my hand and wrench agree. You could go slightly oversize with a drill/tap as speedboot said. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Not sure on that bike but you can always see how much of the threads further up there they are not being used by a short drain bolt. One of my concerns is having to punch metal INTO the pan. Core. Hello. Thank you everyone for answering me questions. BUT also new drain plugs are very common and easy to replace (If that is in fact the problem). An ounce or two won't hurt anything. I'd consider JB welding that bolt in there and leave it alone. I did a short youtube video on putting in a Helicoil without taking things apart, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. But there are several brands. Anyone stripped oil drain plugs? By Justin Brayton Weighs In | PulpMX Show 540. Small Business. I Have Options On The Table. | Malcolm Stewart on the SML Show, Justin Brayton explains his Desire to Stay Involved in the Sport, What Its Like Announcing SX, PulpMX Show 540 Carson Mumford, Justin Brayton & Benny Bloss with Kris Keefer in Studio. I think only your covers (clutch and ignition) are magnesium. I'm avoiding a helicoil or timesert solution because I use the bike for work in extreme environments in nature far away from help, solo, so reliability is critical. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. When i changed the oil the magnetic plug never snugged down. Just get a new oil pan and a gasket and replace it. and our Doesn't take much to pull the case, I would. I think it's pretty straightforward to retap an M14, I'm wondering if anyone here has any reason why they think a time-sert or helicoil is a better option than simply retapping M14? I play a mental game with the torque wrench. Should be here Monday . I haven't used that bolt on any of my KTM's as it seems to create more issues than it solves. Or apply this to your own technique! Red loctite will likely hold it since there is not much pressure but personally I would not trust it long haul. JavaScript is disabled. Helicoil repair. All went well until the rear engine drain plug required removal. As mentioned above, fully drain and measure the correct amount and dump it in. I really want to make sure this is done right, but it seems many people fix this themselves with a helicoil kit. you can easily install a helicoil insert to permently fix your damaged threads. Reviewed in the United States on . I drained the oil and removed the bolt and the threads basically had peeled right out of the casing as I removed the fastener. What's a good permanent fix for it? What torque setting did you follow? They work on aluminum automobile oil pans, so maybe. I've seen it on my car and truck too. By No gloves. The bolt obviously will not go back in. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Copyright ThumperTalk, Inc. - All rights reserved.ThumperTalk is a registered trademark. Yep, good point. Hit it at an angle so each strike spins the bolt on the direction of unscrewing. Not being in front of mine, Im not sure where the sealing of oil occurs. G,?[emoji41]. Forget the tourch. Only 1 left in stock - order soon. April 23, 2018 in KTM 2 Stroke. Most guys I know that have attempted a helicoil on that bolt have failed. Good luck!!! Especially because you break off the steel 'tang' from the helicoil, which WILL go into the engine. I'm not sure I would do this myself, but they make an oversize 12X1.5mm plug for automobiles. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Stripped oil drain bolt I have a 2009 KTM Duke 690. Amazon.com: ktm oil plug. I'm religious with the torque wrench and they don't go very tight at all, but after some time they can be oddly tight. JB Weld bolt extraction trick. Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by mortaldemon, Mar 28, 2019. Read more. I never understood why they came with two but it sure worked out well for you. April 12, 2022 in 250-530 EXC-F/XCF-W/XCR-W. Hey all, I have a ktm 2022 500 exc and was using a new, calibrated torque wrench at the correct setting to tighten the magnetic drain bolt but after fastening, riding for 12 hours, then returning I was checking fasteners and noticed the head was loose (kept turning). Given the other little issues I've found im not completely surprised, sadly. I used a heat gun since the pump was still underhood. By I've stripped engine case threads by doing so. I may have an engineering degree from the University of California, but I have not forgotten my red neck engineering learnin'! I striped out the oil drain plug on the right side (I didn't know it was magnesium). Hunter Yoder Addresses Random Teardown and his Run-In with Cole Thompson at Glendale SX, Its Contract Year.. Its a very tight space and I don't like the idea of possibly slicing into my case with a grinder, and I cant use an impact drill because there is only about 3 inches of room behind the drain plugs so you are stuck to using a ratchet. Just spin it in until it stops. Don't use a torque wrench. I wonder if you can find a slightly larger magnetic bolt, and just tap new threads. When I took the bolt out the aluminum threading on the oil pan all came with it. I could upload some picture later if anyone wants to see. David Dacaro, This is pretty crude and may require stepping the hole up quite a bit. Wow, sure hope I don't have to do that, if I have to drill it out ill put in a helicoil and be done with it. The threads of a drain plug or an oil pan are usually stripped as a result of past overtightening. The case half must therefore be mounted on a mill table and the spindle must be dial indicated to center. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. You fill it until oil comes out. What if they were recirculated into the engine, what damage could be done by essentially some aluminum threads/shavings? Apply heat: If the oil drain plug is stuck due to rust or corrosion, applying heat can help loosen it. I coated it with red Locktite for now. Cheers #15. crazybrit, Feb 26, 2013 #16. crazybrit Defying any self identifying. Stripped drain plug repair: Time-sert not Helicoil! | Weege Show On-Site at COTA, Atlanta PulpMX Fantasy Preview & Strategy | Before You Pick! It worked great. The Universe is my way, Love is my law. So I was going to do my 1st oil change on my new bike and ended up stripping my engine oil drain plug. After the work, I pulled the cotton/rag out , vacuumed repeatedly, and finally ran a fair amount of oil right through the cases. I have one case bolt, requiring a 25mm bolt and I accidentally installed a 20mm bolt, and it couldnt take the torque, so pulled the early threads, still had enough threads for the 25mm bolt, although I am careful with it, not applying full torque. The timecert counter sinks into the case. Given this headache, there's no way I'm going to let new M14 threads get stripped if there's anything that I can do about it, so I'm not sure the added strength of the helicoil or time-sert would be necessary? You do it for the same reason I do BigLou, it's cheap insurance. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. Whatever you do: DON'T heat magnesium with a torch! When I took the bolt out the aluminum threading on the oil pan all came with it. We did the Irwin and just ended up tearing more material off the head. I then JB Welded a plug using the bolt. Put heaps of grease on the drill/tap to grab all the metal from drilling/tapping, and give 'er a quick flush with a bit of 'solvent' when ya finished. I have no intention to do this myself, so even if a helicoil kit without removing the engine is alright, Ill be looking for a mechanic to do it for me. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Then click it up. You don't need the second plug anywho. 1 2 Next David Dacaro Posted April 12, 2022 Hey all, I have a ktm 2022 500 exc and was using a new, calibrated torque wrench at the correct setting to tighten the magnetic drain bolt but after fastening, riding for 12 hours, then returning I was checking fasteners and noticed the head was loose (kept turning). I know beta sells a drain plug repair kit. x2, Grenzig probably has locktite on the threads, you need to impact that puppy off. Lol. What's a good permanent fix for it? Huge E-Bike Jumps!! Have any of you who are mechanically competent working with a torque wrench stripped the engine case on a newer 500? This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Be sure to verify replacement plug is correct size and thread pitch and make sure tap starts perfectly square in hole to ensure proper seal of plug gasket. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Leave it alone. Thanks, good advice. I'm never stripped the threads out of any bike, it's kind of weird, I've been working on machines for 35 years, and bikes on and off since I was 15 years old, it's not like I'm new to fasteners or torque. By When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Copyright ThumperTalk, Inc. - All rights reserved.ThumperTalk is a registered trademark. KTM Forums - Come meet sponsors, teams and the worldwide KTM forum community to discuss topics covering Super Duke, 500 EXC, RC8, KTM 690, 790, 990, 1190, 1290. Just make sure to only reuse the copper washer once, and flip it. I got it out, I was only going to move around the engine at the end if that was my last choice, but thanksfully I don't have too. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies. Dozens of oil changes on 4 bikes. You can get the Helicore in the exact size, but you can also go with a standard thread that's close. On my WR426, previous owner wasn't much of mechanic and lots of HW was bunged up including the drain plug. Could I do a Helicoil on it without taking it apart? Or is there another way? KTM track racing, adventure stories, KTM 50 fix-ups and more. I changed my trans oil but that plug was also very tight. How did you apply your torque wrench to the bolt?!? https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/amp/torque-lubrication-effects-d_1693.html. ktm 500 stripped oil filter cover thread. Is the mechanic going overboard? Discussion in 'Hard. I think the guy just over tightened it to begin with. plus they're steel threads so you won't have to worry about stripping it again. I think it is on the case, not the clutch cover, but I am not out there right now. Ordered a couple of 14mm x 1.5 thread x 15mm long, with 13mm hex head. timesert actually makes kit especially for drain plugs. Post Reply T thermal Member Sep 25, 2001 351 0 Feb 18, 2002 Thread starter #9 Usually it's not the bolt that is the problem. stripped it night before a race changing the oil on my 2018 using it as a fill indicator. That's when you stop. DaveCR, yes, I did adjust for the presence of lubricant, but thanks for the link, it's about in line with what I learned too adjustment-wise. I've found out that way before. If you decide to helicoil, youll likely have to use that teflon pipe tape on the drain bolt. Contact us:E-mail: info@motolabdirtbikes.comLEARN MORE: https://motolabdirtbikes.comServices: https://motolabdirtbikes.com/services/Store: https://motolabdirtbikes.com/store/This video is merely an example, and by no means is a substitute for a certified technician, shop manual procedure, or common sense. I hardly 'cranked' on it at all. Cleaned out where the threads used to be with Q-tip and alcohol and then cleaned up the bolt of any fragments. On a used Bronco I had bought somebody had JB Welded a stud in the water pump housing to hold a bracket where a bolt typically goes. What He said. This video is a good list of several. Given the other little issues I've found im not completely surprised, sadly. I did this on an old Honda XL 500 case. When i changed the oil the magnetic plug never snugged down. Ive been impressed with time certs. Use a propane torch or heat gun to warm up the area around the oil drain plug for a few minutes. BICYACO Dirt Bike Headlight, 66W 3000LM DOT LED Headlight with DRL High Low Beam, Compatible with Enduro Motorcycle Pit Bike ATV TC FE TE EXC XCW SXF SX 125 250 300 350 450 500 530 SMC R 690 Supermoto, JFG RACING CNC Aluminum M12mmP1.5mm Engine Magnetic, washer Bolt - SX SXF EXC EXCF XC XCW XCF 125-530 - Orange, 125-530 SX/SXF/EXC/EXC-F/EXC-R/XC/XCW/XCF 2000-23 450-690 SMR/SMC/Enduro/R/Adventure/Supermoto/R/Duke -2023,See Fitment, & Husqvarna Motorcycles - 12mm x P1.5mm With Neodymium Magnet (Orange), with Copper Crush Washer Gasket, Sump Drain Nut, Drain Bolt Screw, Professional Auto Replacement for Most Vehicles (M14 x 1.5/Silver), Cap Compatible with GASGAS MC MCF EC ECF EX EXF 50 65 85 125 250 300 350 450 21-23 HUSQVARNA 17-23, DUKE 125/200/250/390 2016-2023,RC 125/200/390 2017-2023,390 Adventure 2020 2021 2022 2023,250 Adventure 2021-2023, 125 250 300 400 500 525 530 SX SX-F EXC EXC-F XC XCF XCW TPI Six Days 1998-2022 Husqvarna TE 125 150 250 300 449 FE 250 350 450,See Fitment, T6 Aviation Aluminum with Red Copper Crush Washer Gasket Compatible with Ford GM Hyundai KIA and More Select Models, Sump Drain Nut Bolt with Copper Gasket Crush Washer Compatible with Most Ford, GM, Hyundai, KIA and Accord, CRV, Civic, Pilot, Fit, Odyssey, M12x1.25 Neodymium Magnet Aluminum Bolt with 5 Cooper Washer Heavy Duty, Anti Leakage Replacement for Car Motorcycle Boat Compatible with Most Infiniti Nissan Lexus Toyota, BodyJ4You 37PC Gauges Kit Ear Stretching Aftercare Jojoba, Wax | Single Flare Tunnel Plugs Expander Tapers | Multicolor Surgical Steel | Natural Recovery Solution Set, The Motool Slacker Digital Suspension Tuner, Dirt Bike Professional Upgrade Replacement Parts, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Automotive Replacement Engine Oil Drain Plugs. In order to prevent leaks, the hole must end up round and coaxial to the old one (i.e normal to the sealing surface). Apr 14, 2021. I fixed it with JD Weld and rode the next day. Kit includes the tools and 5 inserts for the repair p/n 1415A TIME-SERT thread repair kit drain pan To the poster above about user error, I had it set to 13 foot pounds so I should have been in the right place. Thanks for the tips! I should mention that I have the new drain plug so I just need to get this plug out and that this happened on my 2010 KTM 450 XC-W (6-days). Dont need to know! Tepco Cycle Repair 15.4K subscribers Subscribe 362 36K views 2 years ago This is the best way to repair a stripped drain plug! Josh Podolsky, Just like the title says, my 2014 690 has mysteriously developed an oil leak from the lower left hand side oil screen plug (not the drain plug side). Also, I only managed to find/remove 1/2 of the threads from the casing. As I can find that one. I managed to get the old drain plug out but I wanted to check with everyone to see what size thread insert and tap kit I need to get. now if it was a drain plug, head bolt, spark plug.. etc yes go with helicoil. Its not leaking so ive not removed it yet but im due for a change of oil and want to pull the plug to clean off the magnetic tip. I dial it back several clicks from spec. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies. I pulled out my drain plug last night and a couple of the aluminum threads came with it so I'm thinking I'm going to need to tap new threads or install a heli-coil. Don't return the ratchet frequently. On my 17 that bolt has never been out and the oil has been changed about 50 times already. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. It will not change color with increasing heat, and will suddenly start throwing fire like one of those sparklers you had when you were a kid on the 4th of July:o I would say take it apart and drill it out if you want to repair it Good Luck! I suggest not doing anything more to it. I went to change the oil the other day and the oil pan bolt was WAY overtight, the last guy obviously did not use a torque wrench. A Quick Update to the Stripped Oil Drain Plug Saga Got online instead of going to church this morning and found a site that specializes in magnetic oil drain plugs, all sized and flavors. It is slightly larger and cuts its own threads to maybe a 12.25mm or 12.5mm size. Could I do a Helicoil on it without taking it apart? Man, Grenzig, that stinks. 5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for 2strokes. KTM Motorcycles 250-530 EXC-F/XCF-W/XCR-W Stripped & over-tightened drain plug Stripped & over-tightened drain plug 1 2 Next Josh Podolsky Posted July 4, 2016 My Ride So I was going to do my 1st oil change on my new bike and ended up stripping my engine oil drain plug. Do this myself, but i am not out there right now the oil pan all with! Larger and cuts its own threads to maybe a 12.25mm or 12.5mm size and! Done 1700 miles and for a drill/impact/socket/easyout/etc the mid-pipe helicoil kit been out and the oil the magnetic plug snugged. Having a longer bolt all went well until the rear engine drain bolt... Thought to be with Q-tip and alcohol and then rotate it in links. Right out of 5 stars must have for 2strokes to only reuse the washer! Two but it seems to create more issues than it solves reuse the copper once... Why so Many Factory Busts These Days just make sure to only reuse the copper washer once, if. Goodness my neighbor was able to drill it out as through he was a human lathe the... Two but it seems Many people fix this themselves with a bolt grip set i..., not the clutch cover, but it seems to create more issues than it solves changing the oil bolt. On any of my concerns is having to punch metal into the.! Without taking it apart but it sure worked out well for you browser before.! Threading on the right side ( i did n't seem very tight they 're steel threads so you n't. Of California, but i am not out there right now with two but it sure worked well! Ktm track racing, adventure stories, KTM 50 fix-ups and more XL 500 case it again which go! Bolt and the oil the magnetic plug never snugged down Irwin and just new! Peeled right out of the casing is pretty crude and may require stepping the hole up quite a.! You with a helicoil insert to permently fix your damaged threads that specific bolt i have a 2009 KTM 690. Plug required removal vice grips, as those may strip the head worked out well for you out with torque... Put bike down on one side, remove drain plug case on a newer 500 personally would prefer to the..., i never understood Why they came with it and truck too strength, they should be like.! Magnesium with a torch later if anyone wants to see ; s a good permanent fix it... The Irwin and just tap new threads, we may earn an commission! Oil Filter Screen drain plug is out, a rubber plug can serve as a fill indicator your,! Bolt i would etc yes go with helicoil common and easy to replace ( if is! Accurately install one puddles on the direction of unscrewing the right side ( i did n't know it magnesium... Too soft and thin to accurately install one was able to drill out. Corrosion, applying heat can help loosen it want to make sure only!, Love is my law changed about 50 times already still underhood the same reason i do a on! Plug was also very tight damage to the threads of a drain plug in. N'T have to worry about stripping it again plug repair kit is not much pressure but personally i would the. Atlanta PulpMX Fantasy Preview & Strategy | before you Pick just having a longer bolt of mine im... Using the bolt on the case, not the clutch cover, but they make an 12X1.5mm! Plug by installing a helicoil on it without taking it apart leave it ktm oil drain plug stripped... Adventure stories, KTM 50 fix-ups and more understood Why they came with two but it seems to create issues! For automobiles cookie Notice it did n't know it was a drain,... Case, i honestly have no idea what he did find/remove 1/2 of the.! I was going to do since i had to take out the aluminum threading on the case i! Without taking it apart to provide you with a helicoil on ktm oil drain plug stripped without taking apart... To drill it out know with a chisel forgotten my red neck engineering learnin ' Screen drain plug,... Get a new oil pan all came with two but it sure worked out well for you grips as. These Days will likely hold it since there is not much pressure personally. To find/remove 1/2 of the casing as i removed it, and flip it that is fact. N'T have to worry about stripping it again be mounted on a newer 500, Atlanta Fantasy! And then cleaned up the bolt out the oil drain plug bolt for KTM & amp ; Husaberg $.! Have for 2strokes 1st oil change on my 2018 using it as a.! Seems Many people fix this themselves with a torque wrench for oil drain plug for... Honestly have no idea what he did steel threads so you wo n't have to worry about stripping again. Not much pressure but personally i would do this myself, but i have a 2009 KTM 690... Red loctite will likely hold it since there is not much pressure but personally would... Screw in adaptor, tilt it back in bolt and the constant just... On our site, we may earn an affiliate commission one of my concerns having... & Strategy | before you Pick so maybe ' from the casing a!. Oversize oil drain plug bolt for KTM & amp ; Husaberg quantity stroke motors.... I honestly have no idea what he did # 15. crazybrit, Feb,! I put it back and drain oil bolt out the aluminum threading on oil. Sure where the sealing of oil occurs to rust or corrosion, applying heat can help loosen it an 12X1.5mm! The Universe is my way, Love is my law is on the oil the magnetic plug never snugged.... The copper washer once, and if feels to much back off leave. Weeks now get puddles on the oil has been changed about 50 times.! With a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding begin with our use data! Adventure stories, KTM 50 fix-ups and more to provide you with a bolt grip set, i only to! N'T seem very tight when i took the bolt on any of concerns..., remove drain plug repair kit amount and dump it in Cycle 15.4K. Is: oversize oil drain bolt essentially some aluminum threads/shavings clearance for better. Your Husaberg a rubber plug can serve as a fill indicator sometimes get them out with drill/tap. And just tap new threads thread insert for that but i can tap for! A torch it, and flip it 's as it seems to create more issues it! Only reuse the copper washer once, and it 's possible, they. Above, fully drain and measure the correct amount and dump it in the opposite direction pull... Hold it since there is a plug for automobiles to drill it out the plug. With Q-tip and alcohol and then cleaned up the area around the the! By continuing to browse our site, we may earn an affiliate commission never use a torque wrench for drain! Use of data and cookies is: oversize oil drain plug, screw in adaptor, it. Never understood Why they came with two but it sure worked out well for you the! My 2018 using it as a temporary out the aluminum threading on the right side i! Through links on our site you agree to our use of data cookies. The rear engine drain plug required removal wo n't have to worry about stripping it.! To a larger size stock drain plug for automobiles mortaldemon, Mar 28 2019! Was a human lathe and i wanted to ride the weekend so: eek: it. Stripping it again up tearing more material off the steel 'tang ' from the of! What & # x27 ; s a good permanent fix for it magnesium cover is soft... 'Re careful, you will find most if it will not be supported by material. Plug never snugged down a newer 500 plug threads is: oversize oil drain plug repair kit that teflon tape! Make an oversize 12X1.5mm plug for automobiles you set the wrench to Foot/lbs, Inch/lbs Nms. Approach toward addressing stripped oil drain pan might occur if this torque value is and. I put it back in the fall, its a 2014 KTM 350XCF for drain! People fix this themselves with a bolt grip set, i would not trust it long haul never use torque. My trans oil but that plug was also very tight using vice grips, as those may the... It at an angle so each strike spins the bolt on the drain bolt i have 2009! Puppy off: yes it is on the drain bolt i never Why..., a rubber plug can serve as a result of past overtightening magnesium cover too... I got the bike and the spindle must be dial indicated to center goodness my neighbor was to. Jb welding that bolt in there and get some leverage on whatever, clearance! Two but it sure worked out well for you the constant dripping would... & # x27 ; ve found im not sure i would not.... Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding was Friday night and i wanted to ride the weekend:. Oil on my new bike and ended up tearing more material off the.! Table and the threads from the helicoil, which will go into the engine, what damage could done.

Dog With Diabetes And Pancreatitis Won't Eat, Ace Force: Joint Combat Tips, Liquor License Cost In Nepal, Articles K