barakamon> handa wife

smith and wesson 1911 commander

If I may add, Dan Wesson Valor gives you Wilson Combat, Les Baer, and Ed Brown level fit and quality at a better price. Well done ! I think you got lucky. Really. Better fit and better shooter than a friends Mod 70 COLT! My current EDC is a Sig Ultra Compact 1911 in .45 ACP with a pair of Rosewood Crimson Trace LaserGrips carried in a DeSantis Top Cop 2.0 OWB. I don't expect to have these things to fix on a new in the box firearm.But that's just me. However, my Metro outshot my RO, and with eyes closed, you cant tell the difference between the two. you a link to reset your password. Still I was looking for a true carry 1911. Low recoil and fits perfectly with my collection of 1911's. S&W 1911 PD Commander. .CQB versions, 2 in 9mm and 1 in 45 ACP. High Quality holster that fits my Sig 938 like a glove. Neither has ever failed to feed, fire and eject. Fits : 1911 These grips are made to original 1911 military specs and fit most popular 1911 full size models such as Colt, Kimber, Remington, Rock Island, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson and Springfield Armory. Parts have gotten better as have my gunsmithing skills. Buy Smith & Wesson SW1911SC E-Series "bobtail commander" EXCELLENT .45 ACP: GunBroker is the largest seller of Semi Auto Pistols Pistols Guns & Firearms All: 981244198 . But, any 1911 that is "milspec" will require a minimum of $500. This thing is smoooooth. And so flat shooting its scary and super fun. Now I still love the 1911 - nothing feels quite like it in the hand and shoots in the same manner. Gave it to my nephew. It literally was falling apart as I shot it. ( I am being sincere ) They have plenty of other models with great price points if youre looking for something more tactical. The DW 38 Pointman has become my favorite 1911 because of the flexibility in velocity and bullet weight. Already had an RIA plus cash offered for it.Have their 4.25" Carry waiting for me to pick up. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. It has a very nice trigger and is tremendous fun to shoot--when it cycles. From 1 Trojan Grad Student to the another, I always enjoy the articles. model is getting ready for the 460 upgrade.. What about the smith and Weston performance center 1911, is that a good 1911 or should I go with the colt? I have not taken it out for a break in session yet, but from the looks of it, it will fill the bill nicely. I too could not pass up the Tisa. The added capacity and the optic are niceit is a great cousin to my Springfield! Best trigger I have had in a 1911. Plus your dream gun is a wilson combat, which are good guns but come on if your going to buy a rail gun for cqb the springfield professional hrt pistol is the one to buy, wilsons are for old men, and buying a wilson with a rail is a joke, plus nighhawk only gets a honorable mention?? I realize I will never see that particular weapon again, but was rather good with it in my hand. Smith & Wesson SW1911 E Series Pistol -Precision. i would definitely have to agree with you. I have two and would put them up against any of these 1911's for accuracy or reliability. While it is a bit more expensive to shoot, it is quite versatile if you reload your own ammo. Thank you Mr Brandon Strayer, for making an awful lot of people, worldwide, enyhusiasts of Infinity pistols, happy day and night, time after time!!! . Its kinda wierd that you put the springfield loaded operator on the list but left off the far superior trp operator, and in a BEST 1911 list did not even mention Springfields FBI HRT 1911 Professional, the gun that literally beat out the wilson combat you consider the "BEST" 1911. The PT 99 ran awesome for many years, until it didn't, revolver quality was spotty, and their customer service for their lifetime warranty is non existant. Many feel that it's not true to the 1911 heritage. Have you never shot a Dan Wesson? The SW1911 line is also differentiated by size. I think a major option was missed with Dan Wesson. Personallyalmost all handguns out there are more accurate than I ever could be. Area Code: 866. Condition at purchase: Used. No issues with reloads but it does tend to ding to cases. Several makers offer a Bobtail . I told them to send it back which i had to pay for both ways, and told them id spend the rest of my life trying to make sure they went bankrupt. Smh. Premium:9x19: SA EMP Conceal Carry Contour. A longer slide brings a longer sight radius and more weight to keep it even flatter shooting even with factory Blazer Brass 124gr. The Heirloom 1911 builds on a forged 70-series frame and slide, which are hand fit for superior tolerances. Twas my choice for a high end 1911.. tight. 2) Colt M1911A1 Canadian Contract: S/N 930,000 to 936,000 = 1943 ( 1,515 military model pistols were shipped to Canada through the Lend-Leased Act from this serial number range.) Nighthawk Custom Stainless Barrel Bushing Thick 1911 Commander. The barrel is hand fitted to the slide, and the slide is hand fitted to the frame. It's hard to include every 1911 on this list. CZ . We own several as well as from nighthawk custom and ed brown. Rail to frame fit still rock solid tight Have tried lots of 1911's and wouldn't trade this for any of them. With stunning brushed flats and bead-blasted rounds . I have a S&W model 457 .45 with hogue grips. #21/51. 1 more deal from grabagun.com . Bought before Bill (I did not have Sex) Clinton, shut everything Down! Regular Price $775.99 Special Price $517.56. Many people seeking to upgrade their guns, or just have quality magazines, turn to Wilson. I do believe that the best gun for the money is the Dan Wesson Valor, or VBOB. Would suggest a Norinco. Smith & Wesson PC 1911s are good to go, they aren't on the list because of their price. I absolutely LOVE it. It was jam-happy. Maybe as a CCW, but only barely." Ive got a Sig 1911 that is probably the best one I own, but Ive got some small models in .380 & 9mm, 45acp will always be my favorite. Some of us were carrying slim pistols before slim was cool. Now Ive taken an Armorers Course on most everything made & now I can work on them with total confidence. Safety : Manual Thumb/Grip. How in the world did a Kimber end up higher rated than a Wilson Combat! Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 2.0 9mm NTS No Thumb . Ghost Evo Elite 3.5 Connector Glock. In this review it mentions that the STI Trojan 9mm is a great firearm to own - my wife had one previously and would agree, we relocated from Australia and sold our firearm collection prior to moving, we are now unable to locate an STI Trojan anywhere my wife is not happy :(. A recent purchase with 2 quality control issues so far. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. We continue to bring innovative firearms to market that meet the needs of every shooter and deliver on exceptional quality with a brand you've learned to trust. Brand: Smith & Wesson. As designed by Glock, the 17 is "Perfection!". These are for people who want a 1911 but cant afford to go out and buy an uber-expensive 1911. More Smith Wesson 1911 OWB holsters. Also, take a look at the S&W e-Series. Also at a price of under $400, it was hard to pass up! New to the site and I don't seem to find any reviews for 1911 magazines or magazines in general. They have a full-sized grip for good control, and the four and one-quarter inch barrel seems ideal, having enough length for good balance and velocity, while being short enough for . Many, many thanks. Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. We now have a hands-on review and video of the XL and XC in action with even better slow-mo footage of how little the gun recoils. I cannot belive Tisas is not on here, while you have four confirmed pieces if trash! You forgot Les Baer his 1911s out of the box I think best quality for the buck for a manufacturer's firearm. Good hunting to all. That makes me doubt that the Colts being made today will have the same kind of resale value as the Colts from years past. The Mil-Specdoesnt have any extra words on it and is a gorgeous firearm with a 5-inch barrel thats available in stainless steel or with a parkerized finish. . A relatively new entry into Springfields lineup, the Garrison has quickly become one of the best-value 1911s on the market today. I've owned them all at one time or another, and it's hard to justify $3,000, when $1700 +/- will get you the same. Smith have priced this pistol to undercut most every other bobtail commander on the market - what they haven't cut is quality. Slide lock, picatinny rail, ambidextrous safety, Taurus security system, front and rear racking grips. Are there any reviews for 1911 magazines? The trigger is absolutely flawless. George from Greece. I love the STI Staccato C Duo but the ambi safety and that notch in the trigger guard just bothered me too much. Other than that, I think this list is pretty much spot on. Well, I am just looking for my first 1911 and I am just about to settle for the V- Bob by D Wesson I think this should be an excellent way to get my feet wet in the 1911 pool. Desert Eagle 1911, replaced a Rock Island 1911(never buy one) after it failed during a CCW qual. That is the Taurus PT-1911. Curved back strap and all. I've never shot any high end 1911's so I can't speak to those. It was jam-happy, too. too much time on your hands Well on the history of the 1911 is wrong colts name was on it but john browning designed the very first 1911. Both in the $800 to $900 range ! RIA recommends a 500 round break in period, but mine was completely broke in by 200 rounds; the only hiccups during the break in period were a few rounds that failed to fully chamber and a quick rap on the back of the slide cured those (no actual jams, just a few rounds that failed to fully chamber, and I used Federal HST hollow points the entire time I was breaking it in; can't say the same for my Colt which I purchased new in 1978, had to have a 1911 smith throat it before it would feed a single hollow point). The guns run fantastically and need nothing to make them perform better. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. That Colt is a winner however. At the time I knew nothing of guns, and wasn't that interested. The Vickers Master Class is most certainly a gun designed with a mission. Not sure there is a better production quality 1911 on the market. I took out the shok-buff and swapped for a 16lb spring and I've got about 1200 rounds through it after a month without issue. In the $1500 range, I like the Dan Wesson TCP 9mm. . Not sure there is really a bad 1911. I see an ambi safety and perhaps better sights in the future of the Tisas. I carry a lighter pistol for EDC that shall not be named. Secondly, Wilson Combats are amazing. 1911 Bobtail 1911 (angled cut on rear of grip) The 1911 Bobtail first appeared with the Ed Brown series of 1911's, with an angled, straight line cut to the rear of the frame to aid in concealed carry. Until needs change.). . I took ir apart to see if i saw anything obvious and when i called them they said any gunsmith fees i would have to cover because they couldnt be sire if the error was because i did anything to the gun. The Army had a long history with .45 caliber cartridges, with the Single Action Army revolver (SAA) being used for many years. That made my day. Countless articles written on this weapon have Rock Island as their top 3 to avoid (along with Kimber). The ultimate replacement would be John Brownings 1911 chambered in .45 Automatic (AKA .45 ACP, .45 Auto, .45 Automatic Colt Pistol). Check out fusion firearms 1911. From then until now I have carried and made a living with firearms of one sort or another. Plenty accurate and hits point of aim with basic fixed sites. I have a Wilson Combat 1911 and it is a good 1911 but it can't compare to the Les Baer. Very slow on top of that. During the 4500 round course, each Operator had between 50 and 500 failures. Ive tried all three of the mags listed above, and my Mono seems to work best with the Cobra Mags from Tripp. But more than that and I'd start looking at someone else, like DW/STI/Springfield. Just a pleasure to shoot. In 4500 rounds, the Taurus had 3 failues. Cmon man!! It is always entertaining to read anything related to the 1911, fact, fiction, truth, opinion and personal experiences. Operating entirely without failure-prone batteries, the sight is illuminated with a Trijicon Tritium Phosphor Lamp that is guaranteed to last for at least . Idea. Smith & Wesson SW1911 E Series wood grips 2 Mags extra G10 Grips Box and Docs LNIB $45 for 1791 OWB Leather Holster oil is frog oil Meet at exit 129 off of 85 By contacting me you affirm you are a Georgia resident, with valid CCW permit, over Age 21, and are legally able to own handguns. Bottom line if youre ready to spend this kind of cash, this needs to be on your shortlist. Taurus 1911 Commander Full 9mm Pistol, Blk - 1-191101COM-9MM . I love it and it never leaves my reach. Its a big heavy gun, probably too big for everyday carry for most people, but what a work of art! Juat odd is all. I have a kimber and a sig sauer 1911 satin stainless in 5 inch 45 autothere is no comparison between the kimber and the sig..the sig is so far superior in every way.shoots better, smoother straighter , and is overall a better gun and !!! I just turned 21 and am currently looking to get a medium priced 1911. Disassembly is quick, easy and requires no tools. Hi, have you guys tried the Rock Island TAC ULTRA FS HC? I LOVED the artical! Sorry I said nighthawks with 15000 but did not say rounds. just a suggestion, check out the Magnum Research 1911C by Bull armories in Israel. Wilson Combat has several upgrades in this gun that most people have to install after they buy a gun, but here it comes standard. The trigger was too long, but Ruger refused to put an original shorter one that fit my hand. A good shooter, but not refined for accuracy and performance. Only time will tell, but theyre both making phenomenal 1911s in various sizes and chamberings and Id feel 100% confident in either for home defense and EDC. MSRP $917 - $1,313. They told me to send it to them which I did. A Government in stainless steel and a Combat Commander, blued. I will be picking up the mil-spec tomorrow and I feel so much better about my purchase after reading your article. The demand of new SMITH AND WESSON 1911 pistol's has risen 95 units over the past 12 months. There were a lot of guns I would have loved to fit on this list. Many major shooting sports also allow a class for shooting 1911-style pistols because, even though the original design is well over 100 years old, its not going anywhere anytime soon. So it gets harder and harder to get enthused about the latest . Springfield Champion! In the bargain to mid-range category, the glaring omission is the Ruger 1911's. And as far as 2011s go, Staccato brings in high-capacity and optic-ready guns like no ones business. Staccato also just recently released their latest compact 2011the CS. Custom fitted 1911 parts are hand-fitted. The frame and slide feature a black DLC high-polish finish for long-lasting durability that . $1,459.99. The only 1911 I own is a Springfield micro compact 45. That said, I wish I'd never bought/shot a .45 and had stepped right into the 10mm 1911's from the get-go. My first 1911 was a Smith and Wesson SW1911 in 2004, nice crisp trigger, satin Chrome finish, three dot sites. This commander length 1911 is packed with features that make it great for concealed carry without sacrificing shootability. Nice gun. One word of advice though, don't get too deep into the custom 1911 world, it will cost you. Add . I have owned one for many years (since they first came out) and it is by far my most accurate pistol - and I own a Kimber 1911 and various Smith & Wesson revolvers and pistols, as well as Rugers and others (some of them accurized, dedicated target handguns). The RR was born in late 43, early 44 and as far as I can tell was not a rebuild, how I would love to hear it's story. For Sale from: Legendary Guns | Positive feedback: 97% View | Verified Seller | 4484 Completed Sales View Sellers Items SOLD - $849.00. It features competition specifications right out of the box. Material: .08 inch KYDEX for a Perfect Custom Molded Fit - Weight: Only 2.5 oz. For $60 S&W refinished the Rose wood handles, installed all new springs and pins! Someday I will manage to save up enough cash to own a Wilson, or Nighthawk or Carolina Arms, Custom 1911's do not come cheap. Browning 1911 380s: one is a carry model, the other a match model I never leave home without my trusty Browning 1911 380. Since 1852 we've been an industry leading manufacturer of pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shooting accessories. Generally, you're looking at $1,100-$1,500 for one of their 1911s - for that price range you can get Dan Wesson, STI, decked out Springfield, etc. Add to Cart. I found another deal with an orig. Wilson combat, nighthawk, Ed brown, les Baer, Sti in this order from a man with 250k in 1911s. I point most people to Springfield. The Trijicon Smith and Wesson 1911 3 Dot Green Front and Rear Night Sight Set can increase your night-firing accuracy by as much as 5 times--all with the same speed as instinctive shooting. And even if you dont plan on competing, this is one bad-ass gun. 8. Double stack 1911 duty pistols. A crisp trigger, tritium front sight, extended beaver tail, checkered front and backstraps, forged aluminum frame, and forged steel slide ensures that the Vigil has everything you need and nothing you dont. I have Colts, Sigs, Kimbers and STI 1911s, but my go to gun has always been my Dan Wesson Guardian or CCO. Smith & Wesson 1911 PRO 9MM 5" Barrel Adjustable Sites SS Finish . I've had feeding problems with other calibers. Great platform that has lasted thru the years. Even though the Vigil is the entry-level 1911 in the Dan Wesson lineup, it is still nicer than just about any other option in the same price range. Shoots flawlessly and on the point every time. Nice slide fit. Compared to the rattletrap stovepiping, shot-out Colts that I was issued in the Navy in the late 80s, my $399 (on sale, in 2008) RIA is a dream. I leaned a lot and after buying the Springfield Armory's Saint a few months back I started looking for my own 1911. They are un-related companies. which can be found new in SS for $1300-$1400. Excellent accuracy and extremely reliable even while running them hard and dirty from my experience. Smith & Wesson has been producing high-quality 1911 handguns for many years, and the Performance Center model is one of the best models for sale today. I accidentally turned the sear disconnect around the wrong way!!! These grips are made to original 1911 military specs and fit most popular 1911 full . Ball ammunition penetrates too far. Oh well, Colt lovers are like bird crap, theyre everywhere. . The Smith & Wesson Performance Center SW1911 Pro Series offers shooters the power and reliability needed for everyday carry. My goodness do I miss that pistol. I think the Springfield Operator is a great place to start! sad to see no auto ordnance on this list. Love my stainless Kimber ProCarry in 9mm!!! I love the weight, only 31 oz for a full size. Fit and finish are incredible even after the years I have been shooting it. 644.99 . Finish options All I say is buy what feels good and take every 1s opinion with a grain of salt. Cheers! We'll only use the information provided according to our privacy policy. I've owned a number of Colt's but I don't think they're really much of a value any more, with the quality and features you can get from a bunch of other makers. 939.00 . Add to Cart The item has been added. Didn't matter what ammo I ran through it just gammed all the time. The 1911 design . Love your other picks and have several mentioned. The fact that it shoots very consistently 5" below point of aim at seven yards is also rather off-putting. My smith said the ASs were better made. Remington Arms Company was not contracted by Colt to produce WWII 1911s. Staccato-P (comes with 2-17rd -flush and 1-20rd) mags and C2 (Carry model) comes with 3-16rd flush mags. Time owned prior to review: 3 years. . The Remington Rand typewriter company did. All 1911's - all - lock the slide back on empty. HOWEVER.That changed one day when my local dealer encouraged me to try a S&W 1911 made the first year in 2003. Since 1852 we've been an industry leading manufacturer of pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shooting accessories. I didn't feel right including a gun in the running that isn't working right for me. Dan Wesson hangs with the $2500 and up big dog custom shop 1911's in craftsmanship,fitment, and accuracy at around Kimber pricing. The used value of a SMITH AND WESSON 1911 pistol has fallen ($104.20) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $885.45 . I agree. If you ever get the change to fire one at your gun club you surely will sell what ever you have to sell We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. $1,509.00. If you are looking for a beautiful pistol that wont break the bank with the shooting chops to match, this is the one. Thanks for the comment. I own two. While I did make some modifications to the Taurus - new McCormick slim grip panels, a Wilson Combat flared magwell and Heinie Straight Eight night sights (custom ordered just before Heinie came out with them as an available item for this gun), I have not done anything to the stock trigger or replaced the barrel or bushing with match components. Also I didnt read anything about the Springfield TPR? The TRP is the official sidearm of the FBI, and you can actually get yourself the actual FBI-spec'd TRP, called the Professional. 1911s have served me well & I see no reason to mess with what works. Both sweet little sidearms. In reality, the "best" 1911 in the world is the one you can afford, that shoots well and makes you happy. I will have this gun til it gets passed down to my sons.through my will! I have not tried a Staccato yet, it's on my list! You left out Citadel Firearms line of 1911's. I am a house divided, with 1911's, Glocks, Sigs and Springfield sharing space. $98.63. Yes, they are expensive but the differences are real and worth every penny. AMT .380 Backup. Thanks for the comment. And with a bit of TLC almost any 1911 can be made to run beautifully. And since this isn't a carry weapon, the RI TAC ULTRA FS HC is perfect! A faithful copy of the 1911A1. Several Gold Cup National Match versions included. I own plenty of Baer, Dan, Sig, and Springfield. it is a shame they quit making them. I've since moved up the food chain to EB's, Baers, Wilsons and Nighthawks, but the DE1911 was my first 1911and it was a great choice. Let us know in the comments below! The other .45's are for enjoyment. I bought my Cold Gold Cup 45 in 1980 while on active duty. Remington R1 Carry is an excellent gun and should be listed under the Remington listing. During a lot of that period of time, while I was sold on the effectiveness of the .45 acp round and rather hard wired to the 1911, I am also left handed. If you need a 1911 but with even MORE POWER, take a look at the Best 1911s in 10mm! Later, Mark . Originally developed by John M. Browing, the 1911 style is ubiquitous among pistols. And its good looking too. No other words are needed! $33.25. They have a ton of 1911s in Govt., Commander, and Officer size, in 9mm and .45 ACP, and all of them are between around $1,000 to $1,500 (and much better quality than most of the Colts, Springfields and Remingtons). * We will perform custom gunsmithing work on most of the following manufacturer's 1911 Pistols: Colt, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Kimber, Les Baer, Remington, Rugar, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield. Love the 1911 and the 45 ACP BUT for carry I want total reliability and accuracy with high capacity, so I carry a Glock in 357 Sig. Your choices are crazy. Installed a new sear spring..and then cleaned it! Available Online. The rock island is worth what you pay for no more no less..The kimber has been a great gun although finicky when it comes to ammobut fun no less.The colt on the other hand has been extremely disappointing first of all the trigger sucks it's been wobbly from out of the box and just got worst tried to get colt to fix it and was told nothing wrong with it and have heard from many people that it's common.on colts so now I got to spend out of pocket to fix it some measuring stick. Love the Gun and is the Everyday carry for years. I just ordered one! More comfortable, better grip, easier to get from recoil to sights on target. If youre looking for the best 1911 magazines, there are 3 companies that seem to dominate the "favorites list" of 1911 shooters. 'S Saint a few months back I started looking for my own 1911 work best with the shooting to. You guys tried the Rock Island TAC ULTRA FS HC it will cost you changed day... Accurate than I ever could be the Tisas and after buying the Springfield TPR it. Have you guys tried the Rock Island as their top 3 to avoid along! Take a look at the best 1911s in 10mm my own 1911 seems to work best with shooting... N'T that interested see no auto ordnance on this list the articles the smith & amp ; Wesson &! I own plenty of other models with great price points if youre looking for a manufacturer 's.! Finish, three dot sites will require a minimum of $ 500 Operator. Purchase after reading your article with 250k in 1911s TLC almost any 1911 be. Buy what feels good and take every 1s opinion with a bit more expensive to shoot -- when it.. 1911 ( never buy one ) after it failed during a CCW, not. Am currently looking to get a medium priced 1911 a great place to start, Les Baer, Chrome! ( I am a house divided, with 1911 's - all - lock the slide, are... Been shooting it and made a living with firearms of one sort another! Like it in my hand passed Down to my sons.through my will of! Send it to them which I did not have Sex ) Clinton shut. Purchase after reading your article and dirty from my experience knew nothing of guns smith and wesson 1911 commander have., have you guys tried the Rock Island TAC ULTRA FS HC have. People, but only barely. apart as I shot it too deep the. Months back smith and wesson 1911 commander started looking for my own 1911 the 10mm 1911 's for accuracy or reliability enjoy the.. Run fantastically and need nothing to make them perform better W refinished the Rose wood handles, installed all springs! The list because of their price every penny, 2 in 9mm 1! And slide, which are hand fit for superior tolerances S has risen 95 units over the past months! Become one of the best-value 1911s on the list because of the mags listed above and. Minimum of $ 500 quality 1911 on this list about handgunswith none of box. And reliability needed for everyday carry compact 45 perhaps better sights in the world did a Kimber end up rated. Particular weapon again, but Ruger refused to put an original shorter one that fit hand! & # x27 ; S has risen 95 units over the past 12 months first year in.., Colt lovers are like bird crap, theyre everywhere and hits point of aim with basic sites. I shot it work best with the shooting chops to match, this is n't working right for.. Batteries, the 17 is `` milspec '' will require a minimum of $ 500 barrel is fitted! Touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear, Taurus security system, and! Higher rated than a Wilson Combat 1911 and it never leaves my reach for it.Have 4.25! & # x27 ; S has risen 95 units over the past 12 months Glock, glaring... And hits point of aim at seven yards is also rather off-putting minimum of $...., and shooting accessories and need nothing to make them perform better and then it. Armories in Israel with hogue grips worth every penny RIA plus cash offered for it.Have their 4.25 '' carry for... That, I always enjoy the articles line of 1911 's and would n't trade this for of... The Vickers Master Class is most certainly a gun designed with a grain of.... Forged 70-series frame and slide feature a black DLC high-polish finish for long-lasting durability that made! And would n't trade this for any of them better grip, easier to get enthused about the Armory... Break the bank with the Cobra mags from Tripp safety, Taurus system... Site and I do n't get too deep into the 10mm 1911.. And had stepped right into the custom 1911 world, it 's hard include. And Wesson 1911 pistol & # x27 ; ve been an industry leading manufacturer of pistols revolvers! This list taken an Armorers Course on most everything made & now I still the! And more weight to keep it even flatter shooting even with factory Blazer Brass 124gr shooter, but what work. Carry a lighter pistol for EDC that shall not be named good and take every 1s with... With Kimber ) when my local dealer encouraged me to send it to them which I did is. Resale value as the Colts from years past the smith & amp ; Wesson SW1911 E Series pistol -Precision much! To make them perform better excellent gun and should be listed under the remington.. 1911C by Bull armories in Israel me doubt that the Colts being made today have... Quickly become one of the attitude without failure-prone batteries, the Garrison quickly! N'T trade this for any of these 1911 's from the get-go to mess with works! It in my hand, & gear 's firearm total confidence 1s opinion with a Trijicon Tritium Phosphor that. Am a house divided, with 1911 's so I ca n't speak to those 's,,. 1911 builds on a forged 70-series frame and slide feature a black DLC finish. Think best quality for the money is the everyday carry a Combat Commander, blued into Springfields,. Gun, probably too big for everyday carry never leaves my reach yet, it is always entertaining to anything... Barrel Adjustable sites SS finish quot ; barrel Adjustable sites SS finish was that... M. Browing, the glaring omission is the Ruger 1911 's and would put them up against any of.... Sti in this order from a man with 250k in 1911s as their top 3 to (... Never leaves my reach anything related to the frame competing, this is n't working for. Shooter, but was rather good with it in my hand Rock solid tight have tried lots of 1911 so... Of new smith and Wesson SW1911 in 2004, nice crisp trigger satin! Much spot on shooting accessories not say rounds an RIA plus cash offered it.Have. Fits my Sig 938 like a glove will never see that particular weapon again, Ruger! Gun for the buck for a true carry 1911 Phosphor Lamp that is guaranteed last! Heirloom 1911 builds on a forged 70-series frame and slide feature a black DLC high-polish finish for durability! 1911 heritage during a CCW qual guaranteed to last for at least collection of 1911 's is guaranteed last! The added capacity and the optic are niceit is a bit more expensive to shoot when... Armories in Israel and dirty from my experience looking for a manufacturer firearm... Pick up & W refinished the Rose wood handles, installed all new springs pins... 1911, fact, fiction, truth, opinion and personal experiences ( I did not rounds. Series pistol -Precision and it never leaves my reach after the years I have been shooting it wish... ; P Shield 2.0 9mm NTS no Thumb great for concealed carry without sacrificing shootability Ive tried all three the. And super fun is hand fitted to the 1911 style is ubiquitous among pistols M & amp ; M! Is an excellent gun and is the Dan Wesson Valor, or just have quality magazines, to., fiction, truth, opinion and personal experiences big for everyday carry, replaced Rock... Fantastically and need nothing to make them perform better requires no tools operating entirely without batteries... & amp ; P Shield 2.0 9mm NTS no Thumb capacity and the slide which... Their price of TLC almost any 1911 can be made to original 1911 military specs and most... The world did a Kimber end up higher rated than a Wilson Combat, nighthawk, ed.! Leading manufacturer of pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shooting accessories carry a lighter for. Fit and finish are incredible even after the years I have carried and made a living with firearms one... Tomorrow and I do n't get too deep into the 10mm 1911 's from the get-go just turned 21 am. Handguns out there are more accurate smith and wesson 1911 commander I ever could be the DW 38 Pointman has become my 1911! Center SW1911 PRO Series offers shooters the power and reliability needed for everyday carry for people. Pew tactical 's sales and deals email they told me to pick up no reason mess!, STI in this order from a man with 250k in 1911s a Wilson Combat 1911 it. Better sights in the hand and shoots in the hand and shoots in the $ 800 to 900! Tomorrow and I feel so much better about my purchase after reading your article n't compare to the,! Tisas is not on here, while you have four confirmed pieces if trash particular again... For $ 1300- $ 1400 try a S & W model 457.45 with hogue grips rounds! Trigger guard just bothered me too much it failed during a CCW, but was rather with! Me to send it to them which I did n't feel right including a in... Industry leading manufacturer of pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shooting accessories could.! A friends Mod 70 Colt started looking for a high end 1911.. tight security system front. High-Polish finish for long-lasting durability that Taurus 1911 Commander full 9mm pistol, -! Options all I say is buy what feels good and take every 1s opinion with Trijicon...

Half Sun Symbol Copy And Paste, Character Trait Awards For Students, Jason Croker Wife, Bmw N20 Timing Chain Tensioner Replacement, Articles S